Friday, June 22, 2012

How Are We To Live



How would you answer this question: how are we to live as Christians?  

I think if I was asked this question I may respond like this; not as unwise but as wise, not gratifying the flesh but putting to death my flesh and walking in the Spirit, taking up my cross daily and denying myself and following Christ who is the author and finisher of my faith, pressing on with a faith and a boldness that will be able to stand for the cause of Christ, no matter what the opposition, walking in love for one another, even for my enemies and also, if need be, to suffer for my faith.  I think I should live discerning the times that I live in and always be ready for the return of Christ getting my house in order each day, praying and studying the Word and applying it to my life.

Reading, studying, meditating and memorizing the Word is very important because someday it may be against the law to own a Bible.  The Psalmist said this in Psalms 119:9-11, “How can a young man cleanse his way?  By taking heed according to Your word.  With my whole heart I have sought You; oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!  Your Word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You.”

It also says this in John 14:26, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”

It is also important to listen to the Word of God.  All these things are very important so that we can discern the truth from error and not be deceived by false teachers.  Memorizing, studying and learning the scriptures now may someday be what the Lord will use to win the world before Jesus’ return.  What a blessing you may become to new converts at that time when they can’t get a Bible to read for themselves.  

We should live in purity and holiness and at peace with all men as much as is possible with us.  Solomon wrote about this subject in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14, “Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:  Fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all.  For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil.”
The better we know the Lord and His Word, the less likely we are to be deceived, so as it says in 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

This is a shorter ‘tidbit’ but I think I said enough.  Now you can answer this question for yourself, how are you supposed to live as a believer? Something to think about, God bless and have a great day!!  And don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord.        

No comments:

Post a Comment