Monday, June 18, 2012

Are You Amazed?



Are you ever amazed at what you can and have accomplished with the Lord’s help?  Have you ever just been awestruck and totally overwhelmed at what you have seen the Lord do in you or someone else you know?  I feel like bragging a little today, but not on me, on the Lord for the things that He has done and the way He has blessed my family and I over the years.

First He delivered me from alcohol, drugs, cigarettes and popping pills almost instantly and I have been set free of them for over thirty years, praise the Lord!  All these things were sin for me because of the way I abused them, but thank the Lord He chose to set me free.  The Bible says this in John 8:36 Jesus speaking, “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.”

When I was laid off from work or hurt on the job, He always took care of us and provided for our needs.  In my early years as a committed believer, I think, I was deceived into thinking that the Lord didn’t love me which caused me to go into heavy depression for around twelve or fourteen years.  I never thought I would be set free, but just like the verse says I was set free of that also.  One time during that process I heard a voice that I think was the Lord saying, “Get your house in order,” which, needless to say, shocked and even scared me and I have been in the process of doing that ever since.  

One day I was praying for healing in my body, for I had various ailments.  So I was praying in my bedroom early in the morning by myself about these things and heard a voice in my mind asking, “Jerry, if you were to be healed of one of these things, which one would you want to be healed of?”  After the shock, I choose the asthma which I had for many, many years and from that day until this day, which is about 5 years now, I have never had asthma again.  I have run about 15 miles and rode my bike close to fifty five miles on different days with no medicine which would have never been accomplished before my healing, praise the Lord!  

The Lord has used me in preaching and teaching many times over the years and even used me to be instrumental in keeping a man from taking his life by taking a handful of pills.  I don’t know how many times I have been in the presence of people giving their lives to Jesus saying the sinner’s prayer, praise the Lord!  The Lord has taught me many things over the years and I have seen many things come and go in the church, some good and some bad.  The Lord has given me a believing wife with such a sweet and gentle spirit, she exceeds all of my expectations.  Her love for me is beyond my comprehension, praise the Lord!  

Has my walk with the Lord been a bowl of cherries?  No, sometimes it seems like the pits.  Have I ever been angry with the Lord?  Yes, to my shame, many times I have had to repent, but has He ever failed me?  No. Sometimes we get angry at the Lord thinking He has failed us or maybe even left us, but in all reality it will never happen.  He at times doesn’t do things the way we think He should and that is most of the reason we get angry with Him.  Even when we sin He doesn’t leave us, we leave Him and are separated because of it, but when we repent and confess our sin we find that He is still there where we left Him, Praise the Lord!  We have a great promise in the Word in Hebrews where Jesus said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 

The Lord has done many great things in me and my family’s lives, and another one is this blog.  It has ministered to people in places that I would never have been able to reach in various countries of the world for which I am grateful.  I can’t thank and praise Him enough.  What about you?  God bless you and have a great day!!  And don’t hold back, share what the Lord has done in you and for you and your family, if you have one.  Don’t be afraid to brag on the Lord, you may be pleasantly surprised at what might happen.         

No comments:

Post a Comment