Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Impossible




Believers strive to please their Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I feel that I have to make that distinction here because many believe in different deities and worship many gods, but there is only one true God, the one that created the Heavens and the Earth, and that is Jesus Christ who was God in the flesh and walked the earth.  

I know that many people reject this teaching but it is very clear in the Word of God, read what it says in John 1:1-3, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.”

Then in John 1:14 it says this, “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.”

Like I said earlier in this Tidbit, true believers try to please God by doing many things.  They read their Bibles to fulfill what it says in 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

And also do what it says in Psalms 119:9-16,
“How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have sought You;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.
Blessed are You, O Lord!
Teach me Your statutes.
With my lips I have declared
All the judgments of Your mouth.
I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies,
As much as in all riches.
I will meditate on Your precepts,
And contemplate Your ways.
I will delight myself in Your statutes;
I will not forget Your word.”

They spend time in prayer seeking the Lord on their own behalf and also on behalf of others.  They sing praises as a way to please the Lord and give Him glory.  They witness and get in many ministries, like teaching Sunday school or Bible studies and so on, plus they may have all the gifts and be using them.  They, or you, can be doing all these things but you still may not be pleasing God because you may be lacking a couple of things that will make it impossible to please God.  

One of them would be to go through the motions, looking busy, being occupied with all the things that I mentioned but have not love.  Read this in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3, “Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.”

Love is more important than all the gifts and needs to be demonstrated in every believer’s life; how will we ever please the Lord without it?  Love makes our actions and gifts meaningful.  I don’t believe that there is a person alive, or that ever lived, that doesn’t need or want to be loved.

In case you don’t know what the Word says that love is, read verses 4-13, “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part. But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”    

The second thing is, if you lack this, you can never please the Lord and that is faith, it says this in Hebrews 11:6, “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

Every true born-again believer will possess these things in his or her life because at the moment of their re-birth the Spirit of God dwells within them and their body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit.  Every true believer has received a measure of faith, and with the Holy Spirit being love and Him dwelling within a person, they have all the love they need to share with others.  If you say you believe but lack love and faith, then you should be concerned.  You need to go back to the Lord and recommit yourself to Him and make sure you wait long enough to experience a breakthrough, allowing the Lord to pour into you His peace, love and joy.  Then you will have faith and also love and you will be able to please the Lord and bless others also.  Something to think about!  May the Lord bless you and yours and have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment