Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Opportunity



If you are reading this you have a great opportunity that you may have never considered before.  Many people may live their lives never asking this question; why am I here?  With so many mixed messages today and so many opportunities to make whatever choices you choose, it is a difficult task to know which the best choice is.

When I was much younger I asked myself this question wondering what was the purpose of life, why and how did I become who I am?  At that time there were many theories just as there are today, so many voices trying to pull you into their way of thinking.  When I was a young boy my mom told me that someday the lion would lie down with the lamb and it seemed to stick in my mind and I never forgot it.  Today I realize it doesn’t say it exactly that way in the Word, but at the time I couldn’t get it out of my mind being an animal lover and it sounded so great.  We didn’t go to church and we were not a religious family but my mom did go to church at one time.

This is what the Word really says about this subject, it is found in Isaiah 11:6-9:
“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them.
The cow and the bear shall graze;
Their young ones shall lie down together;
And the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
The nursing child shall play by the cobra’s hole,
And the weaned child shall put his hand in the viper’s den.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,
For the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord
As the waters cover the sea.”

I think that was my first experience with the Word of God.  As I think about it now, maybe a seed was planted in me at that time even though it would be many years later that that seed would fully start to grow and I would be completely dedicated and committed to the Lord.  I was a young boy with many messed up feelings and emotions along with many fears.  I could share many of the ways I bowed down at the altar of the evil one but I have done that in other Tidbits so in this Tidbit I want to focus on the Lord and His amazing grace.  I will say this, the evil one had me bound for many years, but praise the Lord He has set me free, my chains are gone and I have been washed and cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus and I can’t thank and praise Him enough for that.  

I wish I could somehow convince you, and the whole world, that the Lord is the answer, but only He can do that, but I can tell you some of the things that I have experienced, like the time many years ago when the Lord touched me and all my guilt was gone and a beautiful peace came over me and I felt so light from the burdens being taken from me that I felt like I could jump to the top of my house from the ground.  I have been blessed with a beautiful wife who has a sweet and gentle spirit, great kids and also grandkids and a super daughter-in-law and some super son-in-laws, plus a nice home that I thought I would never have plus having my needs met and also some of my wants.

God’s Word says this in Psalms 37:3-6:
“Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.”

The Lord has always met our needs.  The Psalmist said this in 37:23-31:
“The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.

I have been young, and now am old;
Yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken,
Nor his descendants begging bread.
He is ever merciful, and lends;
And his descendants are blessed.

Depart from evil, and do good;
And dwell forevermore.
For the Lord loves justice,
And does not forsake His saints;
They are preserved forever,
But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
The righteous shall inherit the land,
And dwell in it forever.

The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom,
And his tongue talks of justice.
The law of his God is in his heart;
None of his steps shall slide.”

The Lord has always provided so that we have never lacked what we needed and He did it in some very unusual ways.  Has it always been easy?  No, I have had many struggles but like I said the Lord has always been faithful.  The Lord never said we would never struggle and I know we have an enemy that always tries to get God’s people to give up but God is able and faithful to His children and no one can snatch you out of His hand.  The Lord has been totally trustworthy and hasn’t forsaken us and like I said He has set me free from many vices that held me captive and I have been set free for many years and I owe it all to Him.

It says this in John 8:31-36, “Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, ‘If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.’

They answered Him, ‘We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?’

Jesus answered them, ‘Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.’”

There are many other things I could mention but it would be a very long Tidbit and it may not be read because of it, but I will mention a miraculous healing I had while praying about ten years ago of asthma which I had suffered with for many, many years.  Since that time I ran close to fifteen miles which I could never have done before without my inhaler and I ran many miles outside through the winter which would have been impossible before the healing.  It has been close to ten years now and I have seen many doctors during that period of time and not once has anyone told me I had asthma.  I was also set free of depression which I had for at least 12 years.

I have said all this so that you may consider Christianity and a belief in the Lord.  Just give Him a try, taste and see if He is good.  In other words give Him a chance, you will never be truly regret it if you mean business.  He loves you!  He laid down His life to give you the opportunity to be His child, what an amazing privilege, don’t pass it up!  He is coming back very soon; please don’t let Him leave without you when He comes for His children.  Cry out to Him today, repent of your sins and tell Him you want Him to be your Lord and Savior.  Spend some time with Him, if you can, don’t try to rush through this process, tarry awhile and let His peace, love and joy fill your heart and walk away feeling like a free man.  If you are tired of your sin and guilt, try the Lord, He alone can set you free.  He did it for me, why won’t He do it for you?  Something to think about, may the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!                        

No comments:

Post a Comment