Tuesday, September 20, 2011

None Be Lost


Jesus is not willing that anyone be lost because He care for every person that ever lived, including Judas the one who sold Him out for thirty pieces of silver.  He gave His life for all mankind willingly and shed His life’s blood for even His enemies.  If you have ever been betrayed or hurt deeply by a friend or someone you knew, you know a little bit about how it feels.  He was rejected and crucified by the very one’s He came to save.

I don’t fully understand how this happened but God laid His deity aside, left Heaven and came to earth in the form of His son so that He could reconcile men to Himself.  Somehow they were two but yet they were one.  The only way I could come even remotely close to explaining this, and I mean no disrespect to the Lord whatsoever and this is not what I call a great example, but it’s the best I’ve got.  One time in my drinking and drugging days I drank so much and took so many pills that when I walked down the street the next day I could see myself on both sides of the street, it was like my body had separated and I was two people.  The following day my body seemed to come back together and I was one person again.  Praise the Lord, He delivered me from all that stuff 30 some years ago and I can’t thank and praise Him enough.

In Genesis 1:1-2 it says; “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was empty, a formless mass clothed in darkness.  And the Spirit of God was hovering over its surface” (NLT Bible)  In John 1:1-3 it says,  “In the beginning the Word already existed.  He was with God and He was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  He created everything there is.  Nothing exists that He didn’t make”  (NLT Bible)  In John 1:14 it says, “So the Word became human and lived here on earth with us.  He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness.  And we have seen His glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.” (NLT Bible)  Jesus never did anything on His own or said anything that His Father didn’t tell Him to say.  Jesus said in John 10:30, “I and my Father are one!”  He also said in John 14:9, “Jesus replied, ‘Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father!  So why are you asking me to show him to you?  If you have seen me you have seen the Father!”

In Luke 15 Jesus gave three examples of His love to some tax collectors and other notorious sinners.  One was the story of the lost sheep, the next was the story of the lost coin and the third was the story of the lost son.  All three stories Jesus told related to lost people but the last one is the one I want to focus on today.  This is a very familiar story and in some Bibles it is called the Prodigal Son.  The relationship that the father in the story had with his son must not have been a very good relationship.  The boy took his inheritance and left squandering it on a very sinful lifestyle.  He must have broken his father’s heart by the way he acted.  The boy that went away finally came to his senses and repented going back to his father’s house in remorse. There he found his father full of love, compassion and forgiveness.  The father was so overjoyed that he had a celebration for his son.  

This is a story about God the Father coming to earth in the form of His Son to save those that are lost.  When anyone truly repents of their sins and turns to the Lord and says they are sorry the Lord forgives them of their sins and cleanses them from all unrighteousness.  And then there is a celebration that goes on in Heaven.  And for all of us that have made that same choice there is a celebration that we will attend someday in Heaven.

In John 3:16 it says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life.”  God loves people so much that even His enemies are invited to the celebration, if they repent and turn from their wicked ways. If you don’t know the Lord personally, the invitation is there, act on it.

God bless and have a great day!         

No comments:

Post a Comment