Friday, August 5, 2011

Knocking


Jesus said to the church of Laodicea in Revelations 3:15-16 “I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold.  I wish you were one or the other!  But since you are like lukewarm water, I will spit you out of my mouth.” Taken from the New Living Translation Bible!  

People that are on fire for the Lord draw others to that same heat source, which is Christ, their Savior and Lord.  They realize how far they have fallen and they are excited about being pulled up out of the muck and mire.  They know that the Lord was their only hope and are so overjoyed that they want to share that joy with others and introduce them to the One that made all the difference in their lives and set them free.   

People that are cold usually know their condition and may, if confronted with their sin, repent and confess their sins and be forgiven.

A lukewarm person is in real trouble because they don’t even seem to realize the situation they are in and they just seem to go with the flow. This will be the condition of the end time church.  I think we need to take this very seriously because we are here in the end times today.  There is a remnant in the church that is really born–again, and the Word says you will know them by their love.  But there seems to be many that have been drawn to the church for various reasons.  Let’s face it, not everyone that claims to be your friend is a true friend and not everyone that claims to love you is sincere.  But there is One that claims to be your friend and love you with an incomparable love and He said that He will never leave us or forsake us and that One is the Lord himself, the holy and righteous one.  Praise His Name.  And what He says is nothing but the truth.      

Jesus also said in Revelation 3:20, “Look here I am, I stand at the door and knock, if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him and he with me.”  Also  from the New Living Translation.  This church seems to be typical of what is happening today.  This church was made up of many non- believers who had the form of religion but lacked the power therein.  If the only thing you have is religion then you will hear these words when you stand before the Lord someday, which we all will, that is a fact.  The Lord will say, “get from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you.”  It takes more than religion to get you into heaven, it takes a personal relationship with the Lord.

When you think of this Laodicean Church you might think that Jesus was rebuking them but I see it as the Lord’s correction and compassion, exhorting them to come to Him and He would provide them with the things that they really needed, things that would last for eternity.  Jesus encouraged them to repent and turn from their wicked ways to find forgiveness, to be clothed with His righteousness, and to be filled with His peace, love, and joy.  

I think He is saying the same to many that are in the church today.  I think we need to do as Paul said and that is, “to examine ourselves to see if we are really in the faith.”  Jesus said, “if you seek me with all your heart you will find me.”  Let me add this, when you find Him “you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.”  And don’t forget “whom the Son sets free is free indeed.”  Praise the Lord!!

Have a great day and don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord, He is worthy.  God bless.    



                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment