Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Faith and Revival


Who needs to be revived?  All of us in the body of Christ, we need to be revived and renewed desperately.  We all need to be renewed with the Spirit of God daily.

Where has faith gone, and why are so many believers wobbling, discouraged, depressed and consumed with worry?  I remember when I was a young person, and also through a lot of my adult life, I worried about so many things.  Then as I got older and was committed to the Lord, He helped me not to worry near as much and to trust Him more.  In time, I realized that most of the things I worried about didn’t ever take place.

I know we live in a world that seems to be spiraling out of control.  It seems like our President and those that advise him are only thinking about themselves and not the people they are supposed to be serving.  We are in a dangerous situation, but God is still in control and He loves us even when it seems like He isn’t there. That is what faith is all about.  

In the New Living Translation Bible it says this in Hebrews 11: 1-2, “What is faith?  It is the confident assurance that what we hope for is going to happen.  It is the evidence of things we cannot see. God gave His approval to people in days of old because of their faith.”  Faith believes in the supernatural, it is saying it can be done when everyone else says it can’t be done.  It is standing on the promises of God regardless of what you feel about the circumstance or situation.  

If you need a faith booster, read Hebrews chapter 11 prayerfully and really mediate on what it is saying.  Fear hinders the faith process and hinders our walk with the Lord.  Fear paralyzes people and keeps them from doing what God wants them to do.  So many people hide in their comfort zones, afraid to venture out.  God may want to use them in mighty ways but they cling to their comfortable surroundings.  They worry about failure or mistakes or just plain making a fool out of themselves.  They are too worried and scared to step out in faith and accomplish what God wants to do in their lives.

Do you remember Moses’ response to God when God wanted him to go to Egypt and tell Pharaoh to let God’s people go?  Moses came up with all kinds of excuses starting out with this one, Mosses said, “who am I to appear before Pharaoh?  How can you expect me to lead the Israelites out of Egypt?”  Then God said, “I will go with you,” but Moses’ response was, “if I go they won’t believe me.”  Then God encouraged Moses even more telling him the words to say and even what would happen.  But Moses protested saying, “Look they won’t believe me!  They won’t do what I tell them.  They’ll just say the Lord never appeared to you.”  Then the Lord showed Moses three miracles that he could perform and this was his response.  “O Lord I am just not a good speaker I never have been and I am not now.  Even after you have spoken to me, I’m clumsy with words.” Then the Lord said I will help you speak well, and I will tell you what to say along with some other things.  This is Moses’ response, “Lord please send someone else.”  Even though the Lord was angry with Moses because of his refusal to obey Him, He had mercy on him and sent Aaron his brother to be his spokesman to the people.

What about you, are you going to step out in faith and accomplish what the Lord has called you to do or will you miss out on the greater blessing by refusing to do what God has called you to do?  If God has called you to do something He is not going to leave you struggling by yourself.  God will equip you and help you in whatever way He can, so you can accomplish whatever it is that He wants you to do.  

So don’t let fear and worry stop you, pray and ask the Lord to revive you and stir up a hunger and thirst for the things of God and also for more boldness in you, so that you can stand against anything that would hinder you.  Step out in faith and let the Lord accomplish all that He wants to do in your life. Then thank and praise Him for who He is, what He is, what He has done and what He is going to do, and also for what He is going to do in your life.  God bless and have a great day!                  

No comments:

Post a Comment