Monday, March 11, 2013

Two Experiences That I Had




I like watching, “It’s a Miracle,” with Sid Roth.  Sid hosts many men and women that have and, as far as I know still, move in the supernatural.  These people seem to have no shortage of faith and demonstrate it by performing signs and wonders like the Word says.  They have experienced many miracles in their ministries.  Sid believes in miracles and has worked in this area for over 30 years, if I am not mistaken.  I like the program because I think it is normal Christianity to see signs and wonders which I have experienced some of in my walk with the Lord.

I have experienced so many, what I would call, supernatural things over the years that I think my expectations are set too high at times, so when I don’t experience the Lord for a while, or when I pray and it seems like my prayers seem to just bounce off the ceiling, so to speak, I would get worried and upset.  I am not bragging, but I have had a very close walk with the Lord over the years to the point that I experienced what I would say was an everyday experience with the Lord at times.  Am I perfect?  Far from it!  Have I experienced hard times?  Many, but I have experienced many great times also along with many blessings and, at times, corrections for which I am thankful, although no correction is fun, it is not intended to be.

I have said all this to say that lately I seemed to be walking in a desert place, having a hard time hearing from the Lord, feeling like I have really been forsaken, but I know the Word says that, “God will never leave us or forsake us.”  I have confessed all the sins that I knew of and asked the Lord to forgive me and I feel that I have repented but even that didn’t seem to change the circumstances in my life, it was like the Lord was nowhere to be found.  I know I had gotten caught up in a very negative attitude for a time and had repented of that also, and was trying to be more positive, but I still didn’t feel right and still didn’t experience the Lord’s peace in my life.  

Through this period of time I feel I experienced some of Job’s friends and counselors that were more of a hindrance than a help.  One of them went so far as to say that when I stand before the Lord someday I would hear Him say to get away from me, I never knew you, plus there were many other things I heard that really hurt me.  During this time I just kept praising and thanking the Lord and praying like I have for many years.  There were times when I would think about what the person said and I would think to myself, and sometimes share with my wife, that I didn’t think that the Lord would ever say that to me because of the close relationship that I felt we had over the years and knowing that the Lord can’t lie.  I don’t take things like this lightly because I yearn for that close relationship with the Lord.  As the Psalmist said in Psalm 42:1, “As the deer pants for the water brooks, so my soul pants for You, O God,” I too long for the presence of the Lord in my life.

Well, this is what happened the night before last, I had a dream.  In the dream I was in this big building and I couldn’t find my way out.  As I was walking, I looked up and saw 2 or 3 guys climbing up the wall on what I think was a metal ladder, so I hollered up to them and asked them if I could get out that way and they said, “yes.”  I started walking toward them and I saw a long table with a guy sitting there reading about the catching away of God’s people when Jesus comes back.  He didn’t seem to know much about it so I told him that there will be two women in the field and one will be taken away and the other left (it says it different in the Bible but at the time that was what I thought of) and immediately the guy disappeared, clothes and all.  So I said to the other guys, “your friend just disappeared,” and their response was, “he always does that.”  I said, “no, I was looking right at him.”  Then I started sharing with them that it was still not too late for them, that they still had time.  Then I thought of my wife and I wondered if she was still here so I was trying to find a phone to call her and the alarm went off and I woke up.

During this dream I wasn’t scared, but when I woke up and thought about what happened, and to think that I was still there in the dream, it bothered me a great deal and even scared me.  I went downstairs and while down there I felt a little peace about it and it seemed to be impressed on me to share it with the church as well as others so I did.  Through the day I felt better, but every now and then it would come back to me and bother me.  

When I went to bed, I slept well until around three o’clock and then I woke up and couldn’t seem to get back to sleep because I kept thinking about the dream.  I was thinking very negative thoughts for a long time, then at one point I just started praising and thanking the Lord, even singing a praise song that I had made up at the time, then when all this was taking place I saw this big fire and I was getting very close to it, but just before it started to burn my arm, I was snatched away from it and then I was conscience again and peace came over me.  Thinking about it, I was just reminded that the Lord snatched me from the fires of Hell many years ago and I can’t thank and praise Him enough for doing it, praise His precious name!

This reminds me of this; what the enemy means for evil, God means for good.  The Word says in Romans 8:28, “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

This is a reminder, Jesus is coming back and we need to be ready, are you?  Something to think about, God bless and have a super day!!  And don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord for He is worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment