Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Obstacles



Even believers face obstacles and challenges, which should be expected, but being defeated by them is not an option if we are believers.  Losing battles can be expected but losing the war is not an option.  Dry times and valleys will take place, but victory must always follow.  Pain and sorrow will take place, these things happen to everyone at times, but believers are not without hope, the Lord’s peace and joy will get us through these times, for the joy of the Lord is our strength.  We are not exempt from tribulation and trials but we can be certain that we can overcome them; Jesus said He overcame all these things and the world and with His help we will also overcome them, praise the Lord. 

The Bible says this in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”  There is no trial, obstacle, challenge or battle that you are facing that you cannot overcome with the Lord’s help.  I used this verse yesterday and I thought it would be good to use it today also. Yesterday I talked about the help Paul received from the church in Thessalonica, today I will be talking about Paul’s trials and the persecution he experienced.

In 2 Corinthians 11:24-27 it says this, “From the Jews five times I received forty stripes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I have been in the deep; in journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils of my own countrymen, in perils of the Gentiles, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; in weariness and toil, in sleeplessness often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness—”  Paul experienced many trials and was persecuted many times but he endured all these things and never gave up, in fact Paul seemed to live expecting to suffer for the Lord and his faith.  

Paul said this in Colossians 1:24, “I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church.”  Paul accepted suffering for the church because Paul knew that bringing the gospel to them would, at times, cost him something and he felt it was worth it because he loved the Lord and he loved the church therefore he wanted everyone to come to know the Lord like he did.

If you are a believer and have shared your faith with others you have probably experienced opposition from those that didn’t want to hear what you had to say.  If you haven’t you can be sure that it will happen someday if you don’t give up.  You may never go through what Paul did but there are many forms of persecution, they could be verbal or physical. Paul said these things in his letter to Timothy in 2 Timothy 3:10-12, “But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.”

So you see that Paul experienced all the things that I spoke of at the beginning of this ‘Tidbit’ and Paul was victorious, never giving in to defeat and so you and I can be victorious also.  The Lord is for us so we can win.  Because He never lost a battle, with His help, we will overcome all the battles we have to face.  So if you are going through any of the things I mentioned above, remember this, the Word says in John 10:10, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Something to think about and may the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a great day.  PS don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord!!  
                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment