Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wavering Between Two Opinions

This is the way I see it, we have two ways we can go, we can go the Lord’s way or the world’s way. When God draws us to Jesus we have a choice to make, we will choose to follow the Lord or follow the world. We can either choose to be transformed by renewing our minds or we can choose the world and conform to it.

I thank God that He doesn’t force us to make either choice He leaves it up to us.
If we don’t make the right choice He can make us very miserable and He probably will because He loves everyone and He wants him or her to make the right choice, but we still have the choice. This way if anyone rejects Him they will reap the consequences. This proves that God doesn’t force anyone to go to Hell they choose to go there by the choice they make.

I was reading in 1st Kings 18 this morning where King Ahab sent Obadiah, a devout worshiper of God, to try to find grass for Ahab’s horses and mules to keep them alive because it had not rained for three years at that point. There was a severe famine in Samaria at the time because King Ahab and his wife, Jezebel, led the Israelites into sin introducing them to Baal worship. As Obadiah went along he came across Elijah, the Prophet of God. Elijah was on his way to meet King Ahab. When Elijah met King Ahab, Elijah told the king to bring all the people of Israel to Mount Carmel with all 450 prophets of Baal and the 400 prophets of Asherah who were supported by Jezebel. When they were all together Elijah told them this, "How long are you going to waver between two opinions? If the Lord is God follow Him! But if Baal is god follow him!"

If you haven’t read this story take time to read it don’t just take my word for it.
This is where I got my title for this lesson. There are many that are at a crossroad and they need to make a choice. If God is God, and He is, follow Him. If Baal is god, which he isn’t, follow him. Baal represents the world and all that is fake and phony. We tend to think that many people followed and worshiped many strange things in Bible days, and they did, but we are just as guilty today for there are many idols occupying our lives.

God said, "I will have no other gods before me." Don’t forget God is a jealous God and He won’t share His deity with anyone or anything else. If you are spending more time with something you own, be careful you may become a slave to it and it may become an idol in your life. Idols can be much more than statues we put on a pedestal and bow down to, no, they can be the things that are most important to you, and like I said, that you spend most of your time and energy on.

Remember what Joshua said in Joshua 24:15, "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve! ….As for me and my house we will serve the Lord." These people were serving idols also and they had to make a choice, just like you and I have to. Will we waver between two opinions: the world’s and the Lord’s? Or will we choose the Lord?

That is also my choice, my wife and I are serving the Lord, praise God, I can’t thank and praise Him enough for that. There is one in our immediate family that is still teetering between two opinions and has to make a choice, I would appreciate your prayers for this one to make the right choice. Don’t forget the choice is up to you. Will it be God or the world? You cannot straddle the fence! You may find yourself at the crossroad, and I pray you make the right choice. God bless you, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment