Thursday, June 9, 2011

God Cares For Us

Have you ever thought about why God cares for us?  I have thought about this and I have pictured myself as a speck in this vast universe.  I cannot comprehend how vast and high the earth really is.  God dwells in the third Heaven, how far away is that?  If you have studied the universe, which I haven’t, you know much more about it than I do plus you have a better understanding of it then I have.  If God created the universe, which He did, why does He care for us?  When I think of what the Lord has done and how powerful He is I am humbled at the realization of who He is. How can anyone comprehend these things? We cannot.

I came across a Psalm this morning that spoke of this question. It says in Psalms 8:3 & 4, "When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers – the moon and the stars you have set in place – what are mortals that you should think of us, mere humans that you should care for us?"  What is David trying to say in this Psalm?  He is proclaiming the glory and majesty of the God of the universe. When Christians really get the true scope of God’s majestic appearance and His awesome power they will learn to praise Him. One of the things I want people to acknowledge about me and to remember me for, is that I was a man that praised the Lord and encouraged others to praise Him also.

David also said in Psalm 8:2, "You have taught children and nursing infants to give you praise." David knew that only God could bring about praise in everyone’s life. The Bible says that in the end times, "Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord." Philippians 2:10

We know that God cares so much for us that He was willing to lay His deity aside and come to earth to become the God Man and give His life a ransom for all.  But that doesn’t answer the question of why God cares for us.  David said in Psalm 8:5, "For you made us only a little lower than God, and you crowned us with glory and honor."
David also goes on to say this in Psalm 8:6-8, "You put us in charge of everything you made, giving us authority over all things, the sheep and the cattle and all the wild animals. The birds in the sky, the fish in the sea and anything that swims the ocean currents." It is amazing to me why God did all these things for us. Who are we that we deserve all these this? We don’t deserve any of it or anything good from God, He brought it all about because He cares for us.

Lastly David said on Psalm 8:9, "O Lord our Lord the majesty of your name fills the earth!"  David knew how to praise and I love his heart for he had a heart of praise, and that is what I pray for.  I want to be able to praise the Lord in any situation and I want it to be spontaneous.

Why does God care for us? The answer is simple, because He chooses to.  He is love and He can do what He wants to, and what He chooses to do is love and care for us. Do we deserve it? No! Can we do anything to obtain it? No! Can we buy it? No! He does it because He wants to. He loves us and cares for us more than we will ever know.

Knowing these things I want you to start thanking Him and praising Him for He is worthy.   Do we praise Him for what He does?  No, we praise Him for who He is and what He is!  Right now is a good time to start praising Him. God bless you and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment