Monday, June 13, 2011

He Touched Me

I think most of you know or remember the song titled "He Touched Me." This song has been on my mind for awhile now so I thought I would write a lesson on it.

If you are a Christian you have had the Lord touch you in a special way and you know what I am talking about. I have had the Lord touch me several times over the years. There is something different about the Lord’s touch on your life.
As we go through life we touch many people’s lives for either good or bad. Also many people touch our lives the same way. Some of these people we seem to never forget either because of a positive or negative experience.

But there is something different about the way the Lord touches us. If the Lord has touched you in anyway you will never forget it. When the Lord touches you it usually results in a miracle, something very positive always happens if you allow it. When the Lord touches us it is always from a motive of love. Even when He chastises us, it is from a motive of love. He never does it to harm us or hinder us.

When I was around 21 years old, the Lord touched me and it felt like someone put their hand across my chest, and all the guilt and shame and fear was gone at that moment. I felt like I could fly, I felt so free! I asked some people about the experience but I didn’t get any help from them, so I kept on doing what I always did, but I never forgot the experience. At different times through the years, since that experience, I feel that I have been touched by the Lord and I haven’t forgotten them to this day. Sometimes I think it is important to stop everything you are doing, just to think about the times the Lord touched you, and what you experienced at the time. If you take the time to remember what the Lord did when He touched you, don’t be surprised if the tears start falling from your eyes.

I remember about 32 years ago when I finally was truly committed to the Lord He delivered me from drugs, alcohol and cigarettes also the carousing lifestyle I was in. Praise God, I was free of all these things. He has also touched me and delivered me from depression that I had for twelve or fourteen years and He also miraculously healed me of asthma. Over the past few years three different eye doctors told me that I had macular-degeneration in my eyes. I went back to have my eyes examined about three weeks ago and the doctor said I had no macular- degeneration at all in my eyes, praise God. If you have been touched by the Lord, I don’t have to tell you how it feels, you already know and you will never forget it. Enough about me let’s read what the Bible says about what happened when Jesus touched different people’s lives.

In Matthew 20:29-34 Jesus and his disciples had left Jericho and a huge crowd followed them. They came across two blind men sitting beside the road. When these two blind men heard Jesus was coming their way they started shouting, "Lord, son of David have mercy on us!" The crowd told them to be quiet but they just shouted all the more. "Lord, son of David have mercy on us!" Then Jesus stopped and asked them what they wanted Him to do for them. They replied, "we want to see!" Jesus felt sorry for them and touched their eyes, instantly they could see, then they followed Him! Jesus’ touch made a tremendous difference in their life. He brought them from physical blindness to being able to see, but that’s not all, Jesus stirred up what little faith they had and they followed Him. The day before they had no hope of ever seeing again but then the touch of Jesus made the difference, changed their whole outlook on life and gave them a different perspective. These men would never forget the touch of Jesus on their lives or what He had done for them. It doesn’t record it but they most have been very excited being able to see again, nothing like a faith booster, praise the Lord!


There was another time when Jesus and the followers of John the Baptist were talking, when a Jewish official came to Him and said, "my daughter has just died but come and lay your hands on her and she will live." Jesus and His disciples got up and followed him. When Jesus went into the official’s house, after everyone else went out, Jesus took hold of the young girl’s hand and she got up. She was not only sick, she had died and Jesus being true to His word raised her from dead. In John chapter 11 verse 25 Jesus said to Martha, Lazarus’ sister, "I am the resurrection and the life, whoever believes in me will live even if he dies." He said this just before raising Martha’s brother Lazarus from the dead.

Can you imagine how excited this little girl was to say nothing about her parents and everyone else that was there? The whole scenario changed when Jesus came on the scene. And none of them would ever forget what happened that day when Jesus touched her. In fact it says the news about this spread all over that part of the country. This story is in Matthew 9:18–26.

So you go and do likewise, if the Lord has touched you, get excited about it and start sharing it and don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord for who He is and what He has done in your life. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment