Tuesday, June 26, 2018

They Will Not Marry



I was sitting at the table yesterday morning and this came to my mind.  I don’t believe I have ever heard a teaching or preaching on it, just read what God’s Word said about it.  This is what it says in Matthew 22:23-29, “The same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him and asked Him, saying: “Teacher, Moses said that if a man dies, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. Now there were with us seven brothers. The first died after he had married, and having no offspring, left his wife to his brother. Likewise the second also, and the third, even to the seventh. Last of all the woman died also. Therefore, in the resurrection, whose wife of the seven will she be? For they all had her. Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God.”   

Now read Matthew 22:30, “For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven.”

Read what it says in Revelations 19:6-9, “And I heard, as it were, the voice of a great multitude, as the sound of many waters and as the sound of mighty thunderings, saying, ‘Alleluia! For the Lord God Omnipotent reigns! Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.’ And to her it was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Then he said to me, ‘Write: ‘Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb!’  And he said to me, ‘These are the true sayings of God.’”

If the church is the bride of Christ, as this has indicated, then when we get to heaven why would anyone be married or be given in marriage if we are the bride of Christ?  Paul speaks of this also in 2 Corinthians 11:1-3, “Oh, that you would bear with me in a little folly—and indeed you do bear with me. For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

This doesn’t seem to be of any great importance or great knowledge, but it seemed important to me just the way it came to me out of the clear blue sky, so to speak, I thought it may be important to somebody.

I am not sure why this came to me but maybe someone else needed to read this.  I hope this has been an encouragement and help to someone.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you all have a super day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment