Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Believing Faith




There is an old saying that I have heard, and it goes like this; seeing is believing, but is that true?  What does God’s Word say about faith?  

Read Hebrews 11:1-6, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. By faith Abel offered to God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, through which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts; and through it he being dead still speaks. By faith Enoch was taken away so that he did not see death, ‘and was not found, because God had taken him’; for before he was taken he had this testimony, that he pleased God. But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

Faith is believing and acting on that belief without seeing the result.  True faith is believing you will receive what you pray for regardless of what you see in the natural because that is why it is called faith.

Read Matthew 18:19, “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.”

Then read Matthew 21:22, “And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”

Now read Mark 11:24, “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.”

Then read John 14:12-14, “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. Now read John 15:7-8, “If you abide in Me, and My
words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.”

Some people may relate this to ‘name it and claim it’ but I believe this is talking to spiritually mature persons, not someone that wants a million dollars or something selfish for themselves; they would pray that the Lord’s will would be done.

Please read Jacob (James) 4:1-3, “Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.”

If your intentions are selfish than you can’t expect that you will get what you ask for, it doesn’t work that way.  When Jesus walked the earth He always sought to do His Father’s will even when it was going to be very difficult, and so should we.  Some people won’t say what they have, as far as a sickness is concerned, because they think if they name it they basically claim it.  I feel like this; when I was asked while praying about what I wanted to be healed of, before I was miraculously healed of my asthma, I said my asthma and I was healed miraculously, praise the Lord.  I think honesty is always the best policy.  The good Lord knows what you need even before you ask Him.

I think I have said enough on this subject.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you all have a super day!!  Remember the good Lord inhabits the praise of His people and He is truly worthy so let’s praise Him!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment