Sunday, June 3, 2018

Humility



I think I wrote on this subject not long ago, but I heard some things this morning that got me thinking, not that I never thought about this before but now it is fresh in my mind.  I think every true, born-again believer has shared the good news with someone before, but did it sound like good news or did the way it was presented make it sound more like bad news?  Sometimes we can be so dogmatic that the person we are trying to help gets turned off because it sounds like it is either my way or the highway.  There are other times when we sound like a know it all, full of pride and arrogance.  Then there is the show off that talks like they just want people to know how much they know about the Word of God!!  Remember this, people don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.

When we are sharing the good news, we need to apply some of these principles, read 2 Timothy 4:2, “Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.”

 Now read Ephesians 4:2, “with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love.”

We also need to be prayed up and come forth with love.

Now read Colossians 3:12, “Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering.”   We should have all these characteristics also.

When we share the good news, we need to act like it is good news.  It wouldn’t hurt to be a little excited about it and show the joy that we have because we have received the good news ourselves.  Joy and excitement can be contagious at times so don’t be afraid to be a contagious person.

And like I said, be prayed up because we can convince no one without the Holy Spirit’s help, so before you get started ask the good Lord to convict them through His precious Holy Spirit and to open their eyes and ears and to remove the veil from their minds so that they can hear the good news and respond positively when the word is spoken.

I think you have got the message that I wanted to bring forth and I hope this message has been an encouragement and a blessing!  May the good Lord bless you and yours and I hope that you all will have a special day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment