Monday, February 24, 2014

Jesus’ True Family




Many of us have walked down the aisle in church to an altar and repeated the prayer the pastor said for salvation and have been in the church most every week regularly since then.  I am not writing this standing in judgment of anyone, this is just a heads up in case you are out there in this situation and you may read this.  

It is not because you say you are a Christian, or a believer in Christ, that makes you a child of God.  There are many that claim they are believers but they live like the devil most of the week.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not talking about new babes in Christ that haven’t had time to grow or mature in their new found faith.  Some people claim to be believers when it is convenient but live a completely different lifestyle at other times deceiving themselves or being deceived.  Many people that have been in the church for a while talk the talk but do they really walk the walk?  Jesus is far more interested in people who walk the walk.  Paul said to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith, not everyone that says to Him Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of Heaven but only those that do God’s will.  The Lord saves us to take us out of our old lifestyle and make us brand new in Him.  His will is to guide and lead us in paths of righteousness and to form us more into His image and likeness every day.  

Jesus described His true family in Matthew 12, read what it says in verses 46-50, “While he was yet speaking to the multitudes, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, seeking to speak to him. And one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, seeking to speak to thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand towards his disciples, and said, Behold, my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

Jesus loved His immediate family and made sure they were taken care of; He never denied His responsibility towards them.  Earlier He criticized the religious leaders for not honoring their father and mother.

He also provided John to take care of his mother when He ascended back to Heaven, read John 19:25-27, “These things therefore the soldiers did. But there were standing by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith he to the disciple, Behold, thy mother! And from that hour the disciple took her unto his own home.”

His mother and brothers were present at the day of Pentecost, read Acts 1:14, “These all with one accord continued steadfastly in prayer, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.”

Jesus pointed out that spiritual relationships were as binding as physical relationships.  

Are you doing the will of God today or are you too busy doing your own thing?  It seems today that people spend hours and hours on cellphones, IPads, computers or T.V. and this is also rampant in the church.  I wonder how much time they’re spending with the Lord!  How much time are you spending with the Lord doing His will or has He been put on the back burner, so to speak?  I have always spent time with the Lord but I have let some of these other things get in the way and I thank the Lord that He has pointed these things out to me and convicted me so I could repent and get my priorities straight.  I don’t believe sitting in front of these things hour after hour playing games is God’s will for our lives.  I think our time could be spent much more wisely.  Just start spending half of the time you spend on gadgets in prayer and Bible study or in some way blessing someone else, I think that will please God much more and in the end will help you more to know and do God’s will.  Something to think about!  I wish you a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment