Saturday, July 27, 2013

Rejoice




I wonder how many of you rejoice in the Lord on a daily basis.  Rejoicing in the Lord daily is good medicine. The Word says this in Philippians 4:4, “Rejoice in the Lord always, again I say rejoice.”  It also says this, “The joy of the Lord is or strength.”  How many can really say, in all honesty, that they rejoice in the Lord most of the time?

When Paul wrote this he was in prison and he lived the joyous life regardless of his circumstances or the situation he was in.  Paul learned the secret of living a victorious life, which was having the joy of the Lord, and where his strength came from, so he rejoiced in the Lord and shared what he learned with others.  What do you do when things don’t go the way you want them to or when tragedy happens?  No matter where Paul found himself he could rejoice in the Lord.  From what I have read, it says Paul was beheaded under Nero in AD 64 or 67.  I don’t know this for sure but it wouldn’t surprise me if Paul was rejoicing in the Lord at the time of his death also, as well as forgiving those who were responsible for his death.  

I am not bragging when I say this, but almost every morning when I wake up I start praising the Lord before I do anything else or even speak to my wife.  You may ask why, it is because He is worthy.  Do I always feel like thanking and praising the Lord?  The answer is no.  Many days through the years I haven’t felt like it but I try to do it anyway because I think it is important and, like I said, He is worthy.

If the only time we rejoice is when we feel like it, then in many cases, it wouldn’t happen very often.  I think when people are excited in the Lord it is contagious, and if we are witnessing, it is a good thing for others to see and hear that joy that we possess.  I am not naïve, I realize that living life is a struggle, at times, and many are overwhelmed by their responsibilities and the problems that take place unexpectedly.  But, if you know about Paul’s and the other disciple’s lives, they went through terrible times of persecution, at times life threatening situations, but being determined and committed to the cause of Christ they could still rejoice in their situations. 

Paul encouraged the Philippines to rejoice because they needed to hear it and so do we in our churches today.  The psalmist also spoke many times of praising and thanking the Lord.  I will finish this Tidbit with a Psalm from God’s Word in Psalms 140:1-14:
Deliver me, O Lord, from evil men;
Preserve me from violent men,
Who plan evil things in their hearts;
They continually gather together for war.
They sharpen their tongues like a serpent;
The poison of asps is under their lips. Selah

Keep me, O Lord, from the hands of the wicked;
Preserve me from violent men,
Who have purposed to make my steps stumble.
The proud have hidden a snare for me, and cords;
They have spread a net by the wayside;
They have set traps for me. Selah

I said to the Lord: “You are my God;
Hear the voice of my supplications, O Lord.
O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation,
You have covered my head in the day of battle.
Do not grant, O Lord, the desires of the wicked;
Do not further his wicked scheme,
Lest they be exalted. Selah

“As for the head of those who surround me,
Let the evil of their lips cover them;
Let burning coals fall upon them;
Let them be cast into the fire,
Into deep pits, that they rise not up again.
Let not a slanderer be established in the earth;
Let evil hunt the violent man to overthrow him.”

I know that the Lord will maintain
The cause of the afflicted,
And justice for the poor.
Surely the righteous shall give thanks to Your name;
The upright shall dwell in Your presence.”

I hope after reading this Tidbit you will be encouraged to rejoice in the Lord and praise Him more and more, making it a daily routine.  It is important; the Word says that the Lord inhabits the praise of His people.  I have given you something to think about!  Try it and see if it doesn’t make you feel better.  God bless and may you have a super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment