Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Big or Small





How big is your God?  In my experience with God I am inclined to believe that God is a great God capable of anything and if I don’t see great and mighty things being done, I wonder why.  I have seen so many great, mighty, powerful and even miraculous things done in me, for me and my family plus I have seen what God has done for others, through my ministries, that I cannot settle for the ordinary things that many believers seem to be satisfied with.

I serve the God of the miraculous, in which nothing is impossible, the only true God wrapped up in three persons, which we believers call the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Just knowing that God the Father came to earth as God the Son and sent God the Holy Spirit boggles the mind.  I want you to understand this, there aren’t three gods, there is only one God in three persons, contrary to what some people teach.  

If anyone knows anything about the Bible they know that God is the God of the impossible so why do believers settle for anything but the best?  I used to think that I was more special to God than other believers because I had experienced so many great things and also miracles over the years from the hand of the Lord.  Then I realized that God treats and loves all believers the same and wants to perform signs and wonders in and through all of our lives.  I believe God works through some believers more than others because their commitment and dedication is greater.  Some believers seem to be satisfied with their relationship with the Lord so they don’t seek greater things or even a closer walk.  You might say they are satisfied with a half-hearted relationship, not expecting much and receiving what they are expecting to receive.  

Deuteronomy 4:29 says this, speaking to the Israelites, “But from there you will seek the Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul.”  Think about this, some believers spend hours with the Lord in sweet communion, Bible study and prayer because they love Him and they know what they have been delivered from and the quicksand that the Lord has pulled them out of; these believers seek the Lord with all their hearts and the Lord is never far from them.

Who do you think the Lord is going to reveal Himself to more and use more to further His kingdom, the half-hearted, lukewarm believer or the one that is obedient, committed and expecting the Lord to move in their life?  If we expect the Lord to move in our lives and work His signs and wonders we need to have a sincere devotion, dedication and be committed to His calling, standing on the promises in His Word and be expecting Him to move in our lives.  

Some believers lack the power of God being manifested in their lives because of sin in their lives.  God is not going to work His signs and wonders through dirty vessels, so ask the Lord to examine your heart to see if there is any wicked way within you that hasn’t been confessed and repented of.  If He reveals something to you, confess, repent and ask the Lord to forgive you, if you are sincere He will, because it is not His will that you be separated from Him.  Don’t forget the promise in 1 John 1:9 that says this, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

Look what God said He would do for the Israelites after their stay in Babylon because of their sin, in Jeremiah 29:10-14, “For thus says the Lord: After seventy years are completed at Babylon, I will visit you and perform My good word toward you, and cause you to return to this place. For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive.”

There is always a price for sin and it never goes unpunished, nor should it, but thank God there is forgiveness and restoration.  Getting back to my original question: How big is your God and what can He accomplish?  Only you can answer that question.  Start believing for greater things and don’t settle for the ordinary.   Something to think about!  I hope you have a super day. God bless you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment