Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Give God Glory


I have written on this subject I don’t know how many times and today I thought I would revisit it and see what the Lord would reveal to me.  This is something every believer should be doing regardless of where you are at in your walk with the Lord.  I have been very excited over the years about the Lord and what He has done in and through my life and the many things I have experienced.  There are times when it is so easy to praise and thank the Lord and to give Him glory, and we should.

But what about the times we get angry at God because of prayers answered but not the way we want them answered or circumstances or situations we find ourselves in that we don’t think are fair.  People get angry at God for many reasons, even over things that they brought on themselves.  Let me suggest something to you, regardless of where you find yourself, God is the same and He is always worthy of our praise and thanksgiving.  God doesn’t change He is always worthy of all glory, honor and praise, there is no way around that fact.  If God is worthy of these things in your good times, He is worthy of the same in what, you think, is your hard or bad times.

Many times we make things seem much worse because of our attitudes at the time, we can either look at things positively or negatively, we have that choice.  But regardless of how we react to our circumstances or situations God is still faithful and still worthy of all glory and praise.  

At times I think of the tremor I have and there are times I think it is a curse, think about it, it affects everything that I use my hands for, sometimes I can hardly eat or drink.  I am not what many people call a couch potato, I try to be active.  I work on bicycles, lawnmowers, snow blowers and other things which is very hard, and to be honest, very aggravating most of the time.  Shaving is very difficult and most everything I do with my hands is a chore, to say the least.  I try to do a blog on the computer at least five, sometimes six, times a week because I think this is what God wants me to do at this time in my life, but I have to use one finger.  What takes me maybe three to five hours, would take a normal person one or possibly a little longer depending on God’s help and their ability to type.  A few years ago I taught myself how to write and do things with my left hand because at the time it wasn’t shaking near as bad as my right hand and it worked for a while but now my left hand is worse than my right in many cases.  When I do any kind of exercise, my tremor is much worse and, to be very honest, it is very embarrassing to do these things in front of people.  I can’t even take communion at times by myself, my wife helps me.  If you think I am exaggerating, walk in my shoes for a while, you will change your mind in a hurry.  

To be honest, I hate living like this, and knowing that God can heal it, but doesn’t, makes it even worse.  The thing is, I had a miraculous healing before, and at the time I was given the choice of what I wanted to be healed of and I picked the asthma, which I had for over fifty years, because I figured it was more life threatening.  I am praying for the tremor to be healed and gone and I believe it will be sometime, but in all reality I still have it, so even though it affects most of what I do and God hasn’t chosen to heal it yet, God is still worthy of praise, thanksgiving and all glory, and I do it quite often.

Remember Job, when he was tested by God, he went through more than most people and he was still able to praise and bless the Lord because he knew that God was worthy of all glory and praise.  Job said to his wife, in Job 2:10, when she tried to get him to curse God and die, “But he said to her, ‘You speak as one of the foolish women speaks.  Shall we indeed accept good from God and not accept adversity?’  In all this Job did not sin with his lips.”  I wish I could say that but, to my shame, I can’t.  Check out how Job responded in the book of Job in chapters one and two.  

Now do you think that anyone has an excuse not to praise God?  I don’t think so.  Think about it and have a great day.  May God bless you and yours and don’t forget to thank and praise and give God all the glory for He alone deserves it.          

No comments:

Post a Comment