Monday, June 3, 2019

Please Help Me I’ve Fallen



Did you ever hear this statement before (Please help me I’ve fallen)?  As I was praying this morning this came to my mind.  This could be said of all of us, we have all fallen and we all live in a fallen world. “Behold I was born in inequity and in sin when my mother conceived me,” this is what King David said in Psalms 51:7, when the prophet confronted him about his sin with Bathsheba.  God’s Word says that we all have sinned and fell short of the glory of God.  There is none righteous, no not one, and our righteousness is of filthy rags.  That includes all of us and everyone that was ever born.  Because of what we inherited from Adam, a sin nature, we are all guilty of sin which makes us enemies of God with no possible way of getting right with God on our own.  No amount of good works on our part can make us right with God.  Please read Ephesians 2:8-9, “For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.”  

You might say to me, “come on I am a good person.”  I help people, I give to charities, I even feed the poor at times, I stand for good things and not for things that are basically what many people consider bad, I even go to church and pay my tithes, how could God consider me a bad person or an enemy?  Let me explain something to you, those that think they are righteous because of what they do or have done before they have been converted, by having a personal relationship with the Lord; if they think that will give them any brownie points with God, they are sadly mistaken, like I said earlier, read Ephesians 2:8-9 again. I want to pint this out also, there is only one way to get to God and that is through His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ.  

In the Old Testament you would have to go through the veil that separated anyone from going into the Holy of Holy’s where the mercy seat of God was, where the presence of God resided.  Only the High Priest could go behind that veil to sprinkle the blood of the sacrifice on the mercy seat for the forgiveness of sins.  That was part of the Old Covenant, in the New Covenant we have to get to God through Jesus and that is the only way anyone possibly can.  Some people say that there is more than one way, but Jesus made it very clear in John 14:6  when He said this, “Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.’”   This reminds me of the veil in the Temple, it was like Jesus replaced the veil and you have to get to God through Him, which is the only way; it relates to this in the book of Hebrews.

And, in the same way, no one can get to Jesus, God’s Son except the Father draw Him.  Please read John 6:43-44, “Jesus therefore answered and said to them, ‘Do not murmur among yourselves. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.’”

Now if you want to be a true child of God, I think these are the steps you need to take, please read 2 Corinthians 7:9-10, “Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.”  Sorrow and grief bring about true repentance that leads to true salvation and not just religion or self-righteousness.  This is God’s will for every person I believe.  

Please read John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.”

I believe if you go through these steps you will be a child of God!!  I think this message is very clear, but let me add this, Jesus was sent here by God the Father to give His life a ransom for the sins of mankind.  He became the sacrificial Lamb for all who would believe on Him and the one who sent him!!  He grew up to be a man, a sinless man at that.  He never did anything wrong, but He ended up being crucified, not unwillingly, but He willingly laid His life down for all humanity, even for those who were responsible for his death and for all His enemies.  He suffered much at the hands of men, but just before He died, He said Father forgive them for they know not what they do, into thy hands I commit my spirit!!  Then He died and was buried and on the third day he rose again, praise the Lord, and He lives forever more.  And through His shed blood we can be washed and cleansed and purified. Although the blood of the animals could never truly take away sins, please read Hebrews chapters 9 and 10, but was like a covering over of sin.  Jesus’ blood purified all sin it was applied to and the only way that we could ever be forgiven, praise His precious holy name!!

I hope this has been a blessing and encouragement to all who read it!!  May the good Lord bless you and yours with His perfect peace, love and joy, and health and happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment