Saturday, June 15, 2019

What About the Lost



No one can know another person’s heart or how their mind struggles with whatever they are going through.  We need to be very careful of how we judge people because we can show how hypocritical we really are at times.  And, don’t try to fix someone unless you really care and are willing to go the extra mile with them, because in the end the person may be hurt more by the double standard that you show and live, than if you didn’t try to help them at all.  

We have a responsibility towards others and that includes pastors also!!  Did you ever hear a pastor say if you don’t like it here then leave, like he was the head of the church?  Be careful, because Jesus is the head of the church and He is not willing that any be lost, but that all come to repentance.  Think about this, not everyone follows the crowd and it is not always out of rebellion, but it could be from being cautious.  Let me tell you it is a very hard thing at times to correct a pastor when He says something that isn’t true, but they think nothing of it when they correct you in front of everyone.  I have read, and probably heard it said, that the greatest among you should be the servant of all and Jesus demonstrated that while He walked the earth.  I want to say this, this isn’t about me being down on any particular person, but it is the truth.

Please read Matthew 18:10-11, “Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.”        

These are sobering words and can be even a little scary, but they are also words that can help set people free and bring encouragement and help to those that hear it or read it, whatever the case may be.  I know this part of the Word of God is talking about lost sheep (people).  Think of this, how many have been offended by pastors, or others in the body, and have walked away from the church because of people’s attitudes, because instead of being built up and encouraged they were put down and discouraged?  I feel that I have been guilty of this also to my shame.

I am not typing this to put a guilt trip on anyone, but as a reminder that we all have a responsibility to an extent for all who we converse with in our congregations, pastors and all.  Think of this, how many times have you heard from people that they love you, and many of them same people are the ones that hurt you the most in the end.  I have heard it said, our words bring life or death, and I can understand why.

Think of this, the suicide rate among young people has never been as high as it is now, as far as I know and why do you think that is?  It is because of words that were said to them or about them in many of the cases.  Words are extremely important and how we use them is very important also.  Some words, and the way we bring them forth with our attitudes, is like wielding a sword and cutting and maiming whoever it is that gets in our way.  Like I said, we need to be very careful of our words.  Maybe it would help if we said to ourselves before we get uppity and haughty, what would Jesus say and do in this situation?  We heard this saying quiet often a while ago, I think it was put on bracelets, but we don’t seem to hear it near as much lately.  Maybe we ought to hear much more than we do and put it into practice.

Well I think I said enough on this subject for now and I hope this has been a help and an encouragement to all who read it!!  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you all have a wonderful blessed day!!  And please don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord, for He is worthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment