Monday, May 27, 2019

Honoring the Lord

Please read this to start out; 1 Kings 2:3, “And keep the charge of the Lord your God: to walk in His ways, to keep His statutes, His commandments, His judgments, and His testimonies, as it is written in the Law of Moses, that you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn.”

I know this was written to the Jewish people but I think it’s applicable to all believers, and I know we don’t live by the law but by grace, but I think this applies to all believers to the point that we should try our best to keep all the commandments of our God.  We should get to the point where we love our God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind and love our neighbor as ourselves.  Plus, we should hate sin, whether it be ours or anyone else’s sins and we need to love ourselves and even our enemies and pray and bless those who persecute us also.  It is very important to walk in a manner that will bring glory to God, please read Matthew 5:15-16, “Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.”     

Jesus said, “If you give a cup of cold water to the least of these, you have done it unto me.” No, we are not saved by our good works or our righteousness, because we have none; but after we are saved, there are good works for us to do.  Please read the story of the Good Samaritan, it not only reminds us of who our neighbor is, but it also reminds us of the good works that we can do to help others, and, also glorify God at the same time.

Ephesians 2:10, “For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.”  The Lord has prepared works for us to do after we have been converted and born-again, which involves our neighbors.

Now please read Romans 15:2, “Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, leading to edification.”  It is a good thing to love and bless our neighbors, in that way we may be able to win them over without saying a word.  God’s Word says to do unto others as you would have them do unto you!!    

Please read Matthew 25:34-40, “Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’”

It takes more than just talk, it takes actions, it takes getting dirty at times and sometimes we may end up being somebody’s miracle, something I heard in a song, and I think it is true.  I have heard it said that all we can do is witness to people to honor God, but I have also heard it said I would rather see a sermon than hear one anytime.  Anytime we do anything for our neighbors or anyone else with the intention of honoring the Lord and blessing whoever, I think the Lord is pleased with it.

I think you got the message and I hope this has been a help and an encouragement to you!!  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!  Don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord for He is worthy!!     

No comments:

Post a Comment