Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Happy



Who are, or should be, the happiest people in the world?  The ones that are covered and cleansed by the precious blood of Jesus and forgiven of all past sins and are born-again!!  

I remember my first experience with the Lord, what a traumatic experience it was.  Some guys were canvassing the area and stopped at my house and told me about how to be saved and I was ready, so I got on my knees and prayed and it felt like someone put their hand across the front of my chest and I felt so clean, all the guilt and shame was gone and I felt like I was free for the first time in my life.  I felt like I could jump from the ground to the top of my house and, as you can see, I never forgot that experience.  That was back when I was around 21 years old, but it took many years after that, before I was fully committed to the Lord.

When I was fully committed to the Lord what excitement I had, I couldn’t wait to share what had happened to me with others.  I shared it with many people, those that I worked with and most everyone I saw, plus my family and my wife’s family and my neighbors and many responded to my message, praise the Lord.  God has used me in many ways since that day.  I remember the hunger I had, that the Lord put within me for His Word, so I was reading it quite often and just couldn’t seem to get enough of it.  I had two or three Bibles just start falling apart, I read them so often.  I know that the Lord spoke to me on more than one occasion and that the Lord healed me of asthma that I had for many years extremely bad, praise the Lord.  After I prayed, I had two more attacks and I haven’t had another one in around 7 or 8 years or more, praise the Lord!!

It may sound like I never had a problem since I was truly recommitted to the Lord after a lot of years passed, but I had many struggles.  God’s Word says this, “in this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.”  I think what this word is saying is, there will be trials and problems but through them all, we can overcome through Him with His help!!  God’s Word says, “the joy of the Lord is our strength.”  It just stands to reason if you are all down and depressed you lose your perspective and your strength, and you tend to become weak and lethargic.  But, if you are encouraged and on the mountaintop, so to speak, and very excited and full of joy, you tend to gain a new vigor and strength that seem to result in a positive by product of that euphoria, that God given joy, praise the Lord!!

Now please read Psalm 1:1-3, “Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water,
that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper.”

This talks about the Word of God and how His laws are the tree of wisdom and how happy the people of God are, the ones that get into the Word and allow God’s Word to get into them, it helps keep them from conforming to the world. It also helps them to transform their lives into God’s image and likeness more and more each day!!  The more each of us does that, the more we please the Lord and His blessings overflow, praise the Lord, He is truly worthy.   

If you are reading this and are not a believer and you are tired of your sinful lifestyle, then repent and ask the Lord to forgive you of your sins and to dwell in your heart and life.  Then ask Him to forgive you of your sins and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness and to make you a child of God.  And before I forget, repentance is an action word, which means that you are willing to turn from your sin, a hundred-and-sixty-degree turn, and turn to God forsaking all sin and unrighteousness.  Please read 2 Corinthians 7:10, “For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.”

Enough said, have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours and I hope this has been a help and a blessing to all of you who read this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment