Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Revive Us Again




Does the church need to be revived in our country?  I think if the truth were told, there would be story after story of believers that are really struggling because of one problem or many, and are having a hard time coping with their struggles.  I heard some testimonies not long ago of how some had a hard year last year. Think about all the churches that have closed their doors, then think about all the young people that leave the church for some reason or other when they get into college, I think it is something like seventy or seventy five percent, and what about the adults.  

When you think about the church and how it was started in the book of Acts, it was said about them that they turned the whole world upside down; I haven’t heard that about the church today. It seems like the church has been sleeping and slumbering.

Jesus said this in Matthew 5:43-45, “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.”

These verses talk of loving your enemies and praying for those who despitefully use you and bless them.  How can we do that when we can’t even love those that are in the church?  Think about this; how many people that are in the church have you reached out to or have you even talked to?  There are many people in the church that are hurting and could use some encouragement; maybe a shoulder to cry on, or someone just to listen and to pray for them and just be a friend.  

Don’t think I am just speaking to you, because I am speaking to me also.  I know that some people are hard to get along with and I think I fall into that category at times.  But, if all we do is belong to clicks, and fellowship with only those that agree with us, then we become like the ostrich that sticks his head in the sand and ignores everyone and everything else that is going on around them.  

There is wisdom in a multitude of counselors and we could benefit by loving a variety of people and so could everyone else.  It is so easy to be self-centered, thinking that we don’t need anyone; but in the church we need every part of the body and every part of the body needs us.  It is easy to say you love, but if you do, people will know it by your actions, not by your words.  We are so used to hearing about love in the church that we say it mechanically, without even thinking about what it really means.  I say revive us again Lord so that we will know what love really means and not just say it, but not say it until we really mean it, and wake up the church so we may be all that you have called us to be.  

If we want a revival I believe this is what we need to do, read 2 Chronicles 7:14, “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

I know God was talking to King Solomon at this time, but I think this needs to happen in each of our lives also, if we want to see a revival in the body of Christ.  True repentance is more than talk, it is a changed behavior.  Do you want to see a revival in your life and in the body of Christ?  This is my prayer for me and the body of Christ and I hope you will join me in this endeavor.

Something to think about!  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment