Wednesday, November 20, 2013

God Knows Us




It is hard for me to imagine an all knowing God, the creator of the Universe, one that knows all of us and everything about us and still loves us unconditionally, a God that knows our thoughts and our actions before we do.  The only true God, the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords, the one that is all powerful, all wise, all-knowing and all compassionate, kind and patient and long suffering, full of mercy and grace, one that forgives and restores and reconciles the lost unto Himself, forgiving and cleansing their sins when they humble themselves before Him and repent, the one who redeems the souls of men and delivers them from bondage, from the results of sin; a God who comforts and blesses, heals and restores rather than condemns and destroys.  How can anyone imagine a God, one that gives His creation a free will to make their own choices and even forgives His enemies when they repent of their sins and turn to Him for forgiveness?  A God that can be spit on, whipped and laughed at, scorned and mocked then nailed to a cross with a crown of thorns driven down on His head, a man who had no sin, taking the sins of the world on His shoulders, feeling forsaken by His Father and even in this situation choosing to forgive even His enemies who did this to him.  Yes it is hard for me to imagine a God like this and to have a personal relationship with Him.

Read what David said about this God in Psalms 139:1-18:
“O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know my sitting down and my rising up;
You understand my thought afar off.
You comprehend my path and my lying down,
And are acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word on my tongue,
But behold, O Lord, You know it altogether.
You have hedged me behind and before,
And laid Your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is high, I cannot attain it.

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me.
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall fall on me,”
Even the night shall be light about me;
Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You,
But the night shines as the day;
The darkness and the light are both alike to You.

For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;
When I awake, I am still with You.”

We may try to keep things secret from the people we know but God knows everything there is to know about us even the numbers of hairs on our heads.

God said this to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1:4-5,
“Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying:

‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you;
Before you were born I sanctified you;
I ordained you a prophet to the nations.’”

God knew us just like He knew Jeremiah before we were born.  He not only knew us but He wanted a relationship with us, a personal relationship.  It can be overwhelming to think that He knows us but even more overwhelming to think that he would make it possible that we could become His children by rebirth into His family.  God did it all; all we have to do is receive His gift of grace through faith which He also provided, giving each of us a measure of faith.  God did it all but like any gift it is not ours until we receive it.

So if you feel a tug in your heart, or are being convicted of your sin, humble yourself and repent, which means to turn away from your sins.  Tell the Lord you are sorry for you sins and ask Him to come into your heart and life and be the Lord of your life.  Don’t be in a hurry let the Lord fill you with His peace, love and joy then you can walk away rejoicing, thanking and praising the Lord.  Then share what the Lord has done in your life with others and start growing in your newfound faith. Find a Bible believing church and start fellowshipping with other believers.  Something to think about!  May you have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment