Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Being a Threat


Are you suffering hardships in your life?  Have you been a threat to Satan’s realm and have you been responsible for tearing down some walls in the realm of darkness?  

There are different reasons why Christians suffer hardships in their walk with the Lord.  Jesus said, “In this world you will have tribulation but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.”  Trials, distress and suffering are part of the meaning of this word tribulation!  I think many times when these things happen to a believer it is perceived as a weakness or a lack of faith.  

Now think of what Paul said in the Word, “Anyone who lives a godly life will be persecuted.”  This is another reason, sometimes we bring un-necessary trials and problems on ourselves because of the decisions and choices we make.

There is one reason I didn’t mention yet and that is the enemy of our soul, Satan himself.  A Christian that walks in faith glorifying the Lord by walking in the Spirit and is not ashamed of the gospel and is sharing it with others, is a threat to Satan’s realm.

Remember what the Word says in Ephesians 6:12, “We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”  I have said this before and I will say it again every born-again believer is in a battle.  What we need to realize is that it is not people that we are fighting with, it is the influence behind the people that we need to be aware of then we can vent our frustrations on the enemy of our souls who is the culprit behind all the evil in the world today.  

The Bible says that he is a liar and the father of all lies.  In order for us to be a threat to Satan’s realm we need to put on the whole armor of God and walk and pray in the Spirit on all occasions.  If you want to know what the armor of God is check out Ephesians 6:10–18.  In verses 14-17 it says, “Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

There were many people in the Bible that were a threat to Satan’s realm, in this lesson I want us to focus on the Apostle Paul.  It says this about Paul in 2 Corinthians 12:7, “And lest I should be exulted above measure, through the abundance of the revelation, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exulted above measure.”  Many people think that this was some kind of physical problem.  Then there is the other side of the coin so to speak, some think it was Satan’s influence in people’s lives causing them to persecute and mistreat Paul everywhere he went.  From my studies this seems to be the most logical answer.  I know that Paul was very influential in God’s kingdom.  Satan had to have a real problem with that so naturally he would try to stop him and ultimately destroy Paul because he was being used so mightily of the Lord.  You could trace back to Satan his influence in every evil person’s life.  I have a devotional by Rick Rainer where he uses the Greek language to come up with his interpretation of the scriptures and from what I read I have to agree with him and the others who say basically the same things.  

After Paul prayed to have this thorn removed he heard the Lord say in verses 9-10, “And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.”

Therefore because Paul was making such a difference in people’s lives and furthering the kingdom of God the evil one tried many times to stop him in many different ways and he will try the same thing with you if you are a threat to his realm.  So if you are being used of the Lord and seem to be struggling don’t stop what you are doing just keep pressing into the Lord and your ministry and you will end up being victorious in the end, praise the Lord!  God bless you and have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment