Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Wife Of Great Value

What are the characteristics of a godly wife according to Proverbs 31:10-30?

1. She is not easy to find, finding one is like finding treasure!
2. She can be trusted!
3. She greatly enriches her husband’s life!
4. She makes sure that her family is taken care of.
5. She is strong and a hard worker!
6. She looks for bargains and spends her money wisely!
7. She keeps herself busy!
8. She helps the poor and needy!
9. She fears not the weather for she has provided for her family!
10. She has no fear of the future!
11. Her words are wise and kind!
12. She watches over her household and does not bear the consequences
of laziness!

Because of her characteristics her children bless her and her husband praises her. He says there are many virtuous women and capable women in the world but you surpass them all.

To be honest this is the way I feel about my wife. She is all these things and more. Praise God! She is truly the most precious gift outside of the Lord Himself that I could have ever received. She has surpassed most of my expectations and I am so blessed and privileged to have her. She is a super wife, a super mother to my kids and a super grandmother to my grandkids. She is also my best friend, she always helps me when I need help with something, if she can, without complaining. She never criticizes me and she allows me to be the head of our household. To be honest it is hard for me to believe she is the way she is. I can’t even get her to argue with me because she never has to have the last word. When my wife and I have a problem I might as well argue with the wall because she won’t waste her time fussing with me, she just walks away and leaves me there talking to myself.

When she married me I was a total freak and I didn’t even love her but she loved me and showed it by her actions and not just by her words. No matter what I looked like, or the way I acted, she loved me and I saw it every day like I had never experienced it before or since. I think she told me if I married her that she would never make me sorry and she never has. Have I ever been mad at her? Yes, many times but not because I was justified, it was because of my foolish, selfish and stupid behavior. Has she ever tried to change me? No, she leaves that to the Lord. When I am struggling with something, she prays for me, without my knowing it, then she looks for articles in magazines or something in God’s Word that she thinks will help me in whatever situation I am. She doesn’t complain or nag, she knows I am an avid reader so she puts these things in places where I sit and leaves the rest up to the Lord.

What do you think I would do if she ever left me? I would pack my bags and go with her, or something to that extent. I have told people if they ever find a wife like mine they better hold onto her with both hands, both feet and a chain so that she doesn’t get away.

She doesn’t do all the things mentioned in this proverb, she doesn’t quilt or make her own clothes, she doesn’t dress in royal gowns and she doesn’t sit in meetings with civic leaders. I do think the first 12 things cover her pretty well.

Then verse 30 says, "Charm is deceptive and beauty does not last but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised. Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise."

The thing that makes women charming and beautiful is a sweet and gentle spirit.
Let me add this, when the charm and beauty fade away, and it will if you live long enough, the sweet and gentle spirit will still be a sign of charm and beauty for any woman and my wife truly possesses that. Praise God! I want you to know I didn’t write this to condemn anyone, it is just food for thought. My purpose is to encourage you and to let you know that this kind of life is possible even in this day and age. Have a great day and God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment