Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Turn Your Mourning Into Dancing

I want to talk to all of you who are going through any kind of pain or suffering whether it was brought on by your own doing or from an outside source. I would like you to stop and think about whatever it is rationally. Think about how it is affecting you and if there is anything you can do to alleviate the pain. I am not talking about a headache or a sickness that you can take a pill for, I am talking about someone hurting you intentionally or unintentionally and you hurting yourself by the way you perceive what someone else said or did.

I have been hurt many times over the years but regardless of how it happened I had to make a choice about the way I would handle it. Sometimes I didn’t handle things so well and I would allow myself to get very angry and upset. I remember going to bed angry and thinking about whatever it was that happened until it was like seeing it over and over in my mind like a movie projector cementing the incident in my mind and keeping me from sleeping. I would at times let this go on for a long period of time before I would forgive and be set free of the incident. Now I try to keep short accounts with the Lord choosing to forgive the person, or persons, who hurt me in a short period of time asking the Lord to help me to love them.

I have chosen to look at people as a reflection of everyone else, it helps me to deal with people better. I know that whatever someone else does to me I am capable of doing to them or someone else given enough time. Think of these words "But for the grace of God there go I!" I can also back up what I am talking about with scripture. In Romans 1:18-32 it gives a long list of attributes that we possess because of the sin nature we were born with before becoming believers. These are very sinful things and we were all guilty of some of them at one time or another. And many of us that are in the church still have not overcome some of these things in our lives. So whether we are believers or not we still end up hurting each other in different ways.

In the second chapter of Romans it talks about our response to the people in the first chapter. Chapter 2 verse 1 says, "You may think you can condemn such people, but you are just as bad, and you have no excuse! When you say they are wicked and should be punished, you are condemning yourself, for you who judge others do these very same things."

Sometimes I think about the different ways people handle trespasses against them! Some people seem to never forgive, taking it to their grave and forfeiting Heaven. Hospitals, walk-ins and doctors offices are full of people that bring sickness on themselves because they are bitter and won’t forgive some trespass done to them. Most of the time when we get offended it is because of our pride, something that God hates. I have heard that "Bitterness is the poison you take while you wait for the other person to die." It is a fact that bitterness and unforgiveness can make you miserable and sick and may even cause a heart attack or stroke.

If you are fretting and mourning because of unforgiveness, turn these things into joy, laughter and dancing. All you have to do is let go of the unforgiveness and bitterness you are hanging onto. Tell the Lord, "I choose to forgive, please help me to forgive from the heart and help me to see and love my offender the way You do." If you are sincere God will help you because that is God’s purpose for each one of His children. Don’t let Satan deceive you into becoming bitter, angry and unforgiving anymore, resist him and he will have to flee.

Remember this, if you don’t forgive others their trespasses, you will not be forgiven your trespasses either. Don’t forfeit Heaven for anyone. Turn your mourning into dancing ~ forgive.

Have a great day God bless and don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment