Tuesday, January 14, 2020

True Love

This may be the hardest thing to find in life.  I know this word gets thrown  
around a lot, and it seems very hard to find out just what the true meaning of this word is.  It isn’t very hard to prove that it is more talk than action in many cases; just look at the divorce rate in our country and even in the church.  Many people have stood at an altar vowing to love each other, even in sickness and health, richer or poorer and only death would separate them, only to break those vows, many times over silly things that could have been worked out if not for pride on the part of one party or the other or both.

I think many of us have the ‘last word syndrome,’ in other words in an argument we always have to have the last word regardless of whether that word is the one that will break the camel’s back, so to speak, we feel we have to say it regardless of the outcome.  Whatever happened to this statement, a gentle answer turns away wrath.  In my case I would get loud and sometimes throw things or slam things and other foolish and stupid behavior.  Yes, I have been guilty of this also, hurting others because of my stupid pride and arrogance.  

I have had a real problem with love, I never felt I was truly loved so how could I love someone else.  A lot of what we call love is just plain fascination or lust and far from the real thing.  Love and marriage are very difficult.  Think of this, in many cases two people get married and are basically somewhat strangers.  They get married, then the honeymoon, which typically results in a vacation, and most people love this, doing their own thing with very little responsibility.  Then when the honeymoon ends and true reality sets in, they really start to know each other and things start coming to the surface that neither one knew about the other and that is where the rubber starts hitting the road, so to speak.  

That is also where disagreements start.  At this point, in many relationships, the honeymoon phase is all over and the arguments start, and hurts start to set in.  The problem is that many people think the honeymoon stage should never end and the truth is in some marriages it never seems to end.  In those marriages, true love existed before the marriage and just continued.  In other marriages there was a dedication to their marriage and the vows they made, even if the love was almost non-existent.  

To be honest with you I don’t think I would have ever been divorced if it would have been up to me, even though I was a very miserable person.  Even so, I accept all the blame, I would have never believed that anyone could have put up with me, I was so miserable!!

Getting back to what I was talking about, if people weren’t so prideful there would be far less divorces and many blessed and fulfilled marriages today.  What are some of the things the word says about true love, please read 1 Corinthians 13:1-7 and verse 13, “If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all that I own and if I hand over my body so I might boast but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not brag, it is not puffed up, it does not behave inappropriately, it does not seek its own way, it is not provoked, it keeps no account of wrong, it does not rejoice over injustice but rejoices in the truth; it bears all things, it believes all things, it hopes all things, it endures all things. But now these three remain—faith, hope, and love. And the greatest of these is love.”

Think about these things, then think about how many people demonstrate real love!!  Real love never fails, enough said, have a super day and may the good Lord bless you with His perfect peace, love and joy, and health and happiness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment