Wednesday, January 8, 2020

A Mighty Fortress is Our God

Question: What is a fortress?  A fortified place, stronghold, especially a large and permanent fortification, sometimes including a town; this is the Bible definition.  God is our stronghold in our time of need or any other time my; paraphrase.

Please read Psalms 9:9-10, “The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.” 

If you need a refuge in times of trouble, or any time, you will never find a greater refuge, then the Lord.  David found this out, along with so many others in their time of need. 

Please read Proverbs 18:10, “The name of the Lord is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe.” 

I feel that the safest place in the whole world would be in the arms of Jesus, my Savior and Lord.  With the name of Jesus nothing is impossible.

Now please read Psalms 61:1-5, “Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will trust in the shelter of Your wings. Selah For You, O God, have heard my vows; You have given me the heritage of those who fear Your name.”

If you are committed and dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ, he will be a shelter and a strong tower for you also.

A Psalm of David please read Psalms 59:10, “O my strength, I watch for You—for God is my strong tower.”

David knew the Lord and fully trusted in Him and so should we fully trust in Him also.  But even more important than that, is the fact that the Lord knew David.  The Lord knowing us is so important, please read this in Matthew 7:21-23, “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in Your name, and drive out demons in Your name, and perform many miracles in Your name?’ Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Get away from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’”

I just heard this morning of a guy that went to church for many years.  He had a motorcycle accident, wound up in the hospital and started to read the Bible and said something like this, “I was never right with the Lord,” and, if I remember right, he was going 140 miles an hour at the time which I would say was a miracle.    

Now please read Psalms 59:17-18, “But I—I sing of Your strength! Yes, in the morning I sing aloud of Your lovingkindness.  For You have been my fortress a refuge in the day of my trouble. O my strength, to You I sing praises.  For God is my strong tower—my God of lovingkindness.”

If you want to experience the Lord like the Psalmist did, don’t put it off another moment.  Repent of your sins, which means turn from them and turn to the Lord, having a change of heart and mind and confess your sins and ask the Lord to forgive you of your sins and cleanse you from all unrighteousness and to come into your heart and life and be your Lord and Savior!!  If you are sincere, you will be singing and rejoicing also.  

Hey folks, have a super day, and may the good Lord bless you with His perfect peace, love and joy and health and happiness!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment