Sunday, April 1, 2018

What Is True Grace



I have something on my mind today that concerns me, something that some of you may never even heard of.  I am not bringing this up to hurt anyone or to offend anyone. What I want to do is reveal something that I feel is not the truth and can be very dangerous, because I care.  This way you can get both sides so that you can make a choice.  If you differ with me that is between you and the Lord!  I am not trying to cause an argument.  

All of us that are true believers know that our precious Savior laid down His life for all mankind and took the sins of all on His shoulders and was crucified, died and was buried and rose again because he loved us, even when we were His enemies.  If you don’t know these things, check this out in the book of John and many other books.  It is the fourth book in the New Testament and is a good place to start studying God’s Word.  This is what it says in John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”

Ok let’s start here, if we are born-again believers all our sins can truly be forgiven, except blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  The problem is there is a move out there that has surfaced and is going around that some call hyper-grace.  It is being taught, that when we receive the Lord and are born-again, we are forgiven for past, present and future sins.  Because of this teaching, these teachers teach we don’t have to repent of the sins that we commit after we have been born-again.  Repentance means Godly sorrow which it talks about in 2 Corinthians 7:10 (to the church by the way) it is also taking action, changing our minds and confessing our sins that we have committed against the Lord.  These teachers teach it was all covered at Christ’s crucifixion and at the exact time we are born-again. Even if this is not what is intended, this teaching could be the downfall of many or a stumbling block for believers that may think this gives them a license to sin or they may use it for that purpose.  

I could give you many verses that teach the opposite of this like 2 Corinthians 7:10, James 5:1, John 1:9 and Revelations 2 & 3 and there are others, but I feel that I should take you to, what I would say, are two of the experts on this subject.  Dr. Michael Brown and Professor Craig Keener and have you listen to them on YouTube and, believe me, their credentials are very impressive.  I think they will give you much needed insight on this subject.  

May God bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment