Friday, January 29, 2016

Tired And Grouchy



I got up this morning like a grouchy old bear; all I wanted to do was sleep.  I was very tired, going to bed around 11:30 and waking up around 4 o’clock and I couldn’t get back to sleep.  My wife got up and turned the first alarm off but forgot to turn off the second alarm on the clock radio so the radio kept going off until I wanted to gently knock it on the floor, lol, but I didn’t, thank the Lord!!

When I finally got downstairs, I was very tired and not very happy, I didn’t want to talk to my wife or my dog or anyone else, not even the Lord, all I wanted to do was go back to sleep and, can you believe it, I call myself a Christian!  Can any one of you relate to this situation?

My wife was so gracious, she made my breakfast, then got ready for work, put her arm on my shoulder, told me she loved me and she was gone, and my dog did what he does many mornings, he went back to bed, he is very good at doing that.  I did manage to read a couple of chapters in my Bible while I ate and then I started to pray and I was having a hard time staying awake, but I finally managed to accomplish that.  Eventually I sat down to do a blog and I totally fell asleep for a while in my chair.  When I got myself together I started praying, asking the Lord for something to write about and guess what, I wrote a praise song.  

It is hard to stay grouchy when you are writing and singing a praise song, if you don’t believe me the next time you feel like I did, try writing a praise song and singing it, it is probably better than medicine.  Read Proverbs 17:22, “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”  A happy heart means to be cheerful and, if you are cheerful that is a good thing, then you will be a blessing to those around you.

Now read Proverbs 15:13, “A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.”  Praising the Lord sure seemed to help me get out of the mood I was in, praise the Lord.  

I just remembered one of Pastor Piedmonte’s favorite songs; it was called, “It’s Amazing What Praising Can Do.”  It went something like this:

“It’s amazing what praising can do, halleluiah, halleluiah
It's amazing what praising can do, halleluiah  
I don’t worry when things go wrong
Jesus fills my heart with a song
It’s amazing what praising can do, Halleluiah”  

We would sing this song over and over again and everyone seemed to enjoy singing it, just praising the Lord through it!!  It was a very sad day when Pastor Piedmonte passed away, he was a great pastor and a great man of faith and he will always be greatly missed, if I can say it that way.  As far as I am concerned, he was a man that touched the heart of God and a man that loved people.  I’ve said this before, he was small in stature, but large in faith and he was also a true Pentecostal preacher.

Another man that knew how to praise was King David, the man God said was a man after His own heart.  David knew how to worship and praise God, we could all learn from him, Read Psalms 145, it may just get you in the mood to praise.  The next time you are tired and grouchy, give the Lord a sacrifice of praise, it will do you a world of good, so to speak, and drive the grouches away. Something to think about and may the good Lord bless you and yours with His perfect peace, love and joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment