Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Wounded Soldier



Are you a molder of dreams and an encourager to those that seek your help?  I have noticed over the years that many people come to church and just sort of fall through the cracks, so to speak, because they feel unloved or just not wanted or maybe they carry so much baggage they can’t feel accepted or maybe they feel like no one could love them because they have been so hurt in the past.  There are many reasons why people leave the church but, my question is, where are the ones that really care?  I know there are small groups but not everyone feels comfortable in a small group.

I know a man that was in a ministry for a long time, and I know he was a little rough around the edges, you might say, but one day something happened and he wasn’t there any more, I never found out what the problem was but he didn’t show up for a long time.  Then, I think, he showed up for a production and some people said they missed him when he retorted something like this, “if you missed me why didn’t you bother to call me,” or something to that effect.  

We hear so much about love and unity and oneness in the church but how much is it really displayed?  I am also guilty of this, to my shame.  Remember we have an enemy that is using everything he can to destroy the church.  It seems that many see him as a defeated foe, which is very true, Jesus defeated him at the cross, but he is very much alive and is using everything he can, at his disposal to defeat God’s people.

Read what it says in 1 Peter 5:8, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.”

I know that not everyone that comes to the Lord’s house is a Christian but with some true love, acceptance and a willingness to encourage and bless them, many more may become Christians.  Think of this, you will catch more flies with honey than you will with vinegar.  Most people are looking to be loved and accepted so seeing a sermon, many times, helps as much or more than hearing one.

I remember years ago when I started going to church in Endicott and Vestal, when I didn’t show up, for whatever reason, someone wanted to know why I wasn’t there.  I would get at least a phone call or a visit, but things have changed over the years and, to me, it almost seems like if you’re there, you’re there, and if you are not, that is your problem the doors are open.  

I haven’t written this to put down the church, but to help make people aware of this problem and to encourage people to seek out those that were in church and are not there anymore to just let them know that someone misses them and cares about them.  I know there are many outreaches to those that are in the world, not attending any houses of worship, but what about the ones that have just recently fell through the cracks or have been gone for a while, like I said earlier in this Tidbit.  There are many who are wounded and need to be loved, so don’t let another wounded soldier die.  I have heard one or more pastors say in a sermon that if you don’t like it here, don’t come, but they have a responsibility for everyone that is in their church because it is not their church, it’s the Lord’s church, period!!  The sooner they come to that realization the better off everyone will be.  Something to think about!  May you have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment