Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gazingstock




It is hard to be made fun of, laughed at and ridiculed; I have been there on different occasions.  One example is this; I remember my first experience in Galveston, Texas riding a killer whale.  I was very intimidated by this huge whale and didn’t want to get on him and ride around the pool; it was my first time and needless to say I was scared.  You are not told how to hold on, so if you fall off they can laugh at you dangling in the water, not knowing whether the whale is going to pick you up or eat you up. The first time I rode, I fell off about half way around, and to tell you the truth, I don’t remember if anyone laughed or not, I was too busy trying to stay alive or at least that’s what I thought at the time.  Think about it, I had never even seen a whale that close, maybe never saw a real whale outside of a movie or TV or a magazine or something like that and here I was riding a real live killer whale.

The reason I brought this up was because I was reading Rick Renner’s Sparkling Gems devotional this morning and he talked about Hebrews 10:33, “Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used.”

Pastor Rick is very knowledgeable about the Word, far more than I.  I thought this was very helpful and insightful and that it might help others that may read this.  My understanding of this is, that we believers are being watched, and not always for a good purpose, but also for a negative purpose.  When we have a dream or a promise from God, there are people that want to see us fall, or falter, so that they can laugh at us and ridicule us or say I told you so. This may happen even in the church.  

When you take a strong stand for something you believe in, or if the Holy Spirit convicts you of something and you don’t give in but hold on to that conviction, the enemy of your soul will try to convince you, using people and even family, to discourage you and try to get you to back down and not stay true to the principles in God’s Word.  The evil one will do anything in his power to try to keep us from reaching our goals and to just give up, including circumstances, situations, afflictions and yes even our friends and family like I said.  

If you have a strong faith, it can override anything that the evil one can throw at you so never give up.  If problems come up when you step out in faith, don’t let that throw you in a tizzy because problems just may be a sign that the enemy hates what you are doing or about to do.  Just hold fast, seeking the Lord to help you to be faithful to your calling and to be an overcomer.

Something to think about!  Have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!  Check out Rick Renner’s Devotionals, the one I have is an older one called Sparkling Gems, it is great.  Don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord!!     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment