Saturday, March 28, 2020

Do You Conform



Question: How do you live as a believer?  Do you seek the truth for yourself, or do you just take someone else’s word for it?  It would help if we all knew Hebrew and Greek and a half dozen other languages.  It is so easy to take God’s Word out of context and make it say what we would like it to say instead of what it really says, and don’t get me wrong, I am not a language scholar either, but I do the best I can to bring forth the truth!!

Question: Do you conform to the world, or are you being transformed daily by renewing your mind in the Word of God?  It is so important that we not only read the Word of God but that we put it into practice and hide it in our hearts that we might not sin against the Lord.  Memorizing scripture is very important also.

Now think of this, do you praise the Lord in the good times as well as the hard times, or when the hard times come, do you think ‘woe is me’ and start complaining, like I do at times, instead of just accepting what you are going through and doing the best you can in the situation?  We can always complain, which will do us no good, or we can grow through the hard times by asking the Lord to help us to know what He is trying to teach us in the situations we find ourselves in.

These are just some things to think about that I think would help us on our spiritual journey.  Think of this, do you seek the Lord in prayer for a Holy Spirit filled revival that would start in you first, then go around the world or don’t you think we all need to be revived?  Myself, I think the whole world, plus the church, needs to be revived.  I know I sure could use a revival within me.  I think doing blogs and praise songs and some of the other things that I do helps me spiritually, but I truly feel that being revived
and renewed in our inner being dally is so important.  

I have heard or read about past revivals where people were smitten and convictions had taken place, where people fell before the Lord weeping and repenting, where true godly sorrow took place, where there was a change of heart and mind towards the things of God and sin.  The altar was full of people for hours and confession and repentance were taking place.  Backsliders were renewed, and healings were taking place, and people were being set free, where God’s grace and mercy and love and forgiveness were being poured out.  These meetings lasted day after day, week after week, month after month for a long period of time and this is truly what we need all over the world today!!  We need to keep repenting when we need to and keep seeking the Lord for a true Holy Ghost revival, please let it happen Lord!!  

Enough said on this topic: Until next time, may all of you have a super day and keep looking up and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment