Saturday, March 9, 2019

The Blind See



Question: Have you ever seen a blind man healed so that he can finally see?  Unless this has happened to you, there is no way you could ever know what it would be like to be blind and then see.  Then think about being born that way and you hadn’t seen anything for years and then being healed.  If I remember right, I heard that some people have a problem because when they were blind, they got so used to it that they had a very hard time with seeing everything, then think about the temptations they didn’t have before the healing.

Yes, there are many beautiful things to be seen, but there are also many things that shouldn’t be seen, that could cause temptation.  When you are born blind, you don’t have to deal with the lust of the eyes.  The lust of the eyes can be very problematic because it covers many areas of life, if you are a true believer, and even if you aren’t, and you look at yourself as a good moral person and strive to be that way, it could be a big problem.  

I don’t think I have ever thought of this before, or heard it either, but maybe it would be better if some people weren’t healed.  Maybe it is best to pray, as Jesus did in the garden, “not my will, but thine be done.”  The thing is we would love to see everyone healed, but it may be the worst thing that could happen to some people.  You might think of it this way; if a person is blind and is a true believer then he or she doesn’t have to deal with temptation in so many areas, it seems like that would be a good thing.  Now think of this, if they were healed then temptations would come flooding in and possibly the person would fall and fall hard and not be able to recover, then what?   The Lord knows what is going to happen in every person’s life, we don’t. 

My Bible says, “all things work together for good to those who love God to those who are the called according to His purpose.”  Am I saying we shouldn’t pray for a healing?  No, not at all, but maybe that is why some of our prayers aren’t answered.  I think sometimes our feelings get in the way of the Lord’s will for our lives and the people we pray for.  Sometimes people like me for instance, blame not getting the answer we want on lack of faith, which may not have anything to do with it at all, it just may not be the Lord’s will at that time.  If it is not the Lord’s will it probably won’t take place.

Now that I am thinking about this with what I think is a little more clarity, I feel I have been wrong in this area.  I have blamed myself and others for having a lack of faith because of the outcome of some of our prayers and I am very sorry, please forgive me.  Now that I am talking about this, did you ever think or express this verbally, ‘the Lord doesn’t answer my prayers, He must have left me or He just doesn’t care about me,’ because you keep praying the same prayer over and over again and the answer that you want doesn’t come.  Think about what you just read, it may come down to the fact that it isn’t the Lord’s will.

Read what it says in Deuteronomy 31:6–8, “Chazak! Be courageous! Do not be afraid or tremble before them. For Adonai your God—He is the One who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Then Moses summoned Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, ‘Be strong! Be courageous! For you are to go with this people into the land Adonai has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you are to enable them to inherit it. Adonai—He is the One who goes before you. He will be with you. He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be discouraged.’”

Now read Hebrews 13:5-6, “Keep your lifestyle free from the love of money, and be content with what you have. For God Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you or forsake you,’ so that with confidence we say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What will man do to me?’”

If we really believe what the Word says, we can know that the Lord will never leave us or forsake us.  Can we be separated from God?  Yes we can, each time we sin we are separated from God, but when we truly repent and confess our sins he faithfully forgives our sins and cleanses us of all unrighteousness, praise the Lord!!  Then we are restored back to fellowship with Him, which is good news.

Please read Isaiah 59:1-2, “Behold, Adonai’s hand is not too short to save,
nor His ear too dull to hear. Rather, your iniquities have made a separation
between you and your God. Your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He does not hear.”  It would be good if you read the whole chapter!!  

I think I have said enough, and I hope this Tidbit has been encouraging and a help and a blessing.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you all have a super day!!  And if you haven’t yet today, give a shout out to the Lord and praise Him for He is worthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment