Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Forsaken



My God, My God, why have You abandoned me!!  These words would be very hard to hear.  Think of this, His disciples and many of His followers must have heard these shocking words, what would they be thinking and what about His mother, what do you think that she was thinking?  Now I want to ask you this, what do you think Jesus was thinking and how do you think He felt?  Some translations say this, “why have Thou forsaken Me?”  I mainly read The Tree of Life version Bible, I am trying to learn some Hebrew and this translation helps me do just that, plus I think it is very biblical.  Now to get back to what I was typing about, that would be one of the worst things to think about, that God had forsaken (abandoned) you.

Thank the good Lord for these words in Deuteronomy 31:6, “Chazak! Be courageous! Do not be afraid or tremble before them. For Adonai your God—He is the One who goes with you. He will not fail you or abandon you.”

Now read Hebrews 13:6, “so that with confidence we say, ‘The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What will man do to me?’”

Question: Do you think that God the Father abandoned His Son, Jesus?  With all that Jesus suffered and the anguish that He went through it probably felt that way.  Remember this, Jesus had the sins of the world on Him.  

Read 2 Corinthians 5:21, “He made the One who knew no sin to become a sin offering on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.”

I have read, or heard or both, that God the Father turned His back on the sins that Jesus bore because He is too holy to look at sin.  But to be honest I really don’t know what happened, but I know it had to be devastating for Jesus to cry out the way He did and to say what He did.  Jesus must have been so physically and emotionally drained by that point, after what He had been through, that it must have been a horrific ordeal, to say the least.  As you take in some of what He experienced, and think about it, I think you may realize how much God the Father and Jesus His Son loved each of us.  

We may never suffer what Jesus went through but I am still grateful that the Word says that He will never leave us or forsake us.  Like I said earlier, to be abandoned, or forsaken, by God would be the worst thing that could happen to anyone, as far as I am concerned!!  I think you got the message and I hope this has been a help and encouragement to you.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super, super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment