Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Where will You Spend Eternity




David said this in Psalms 51:7-14, after being confronted by Nathan the prophet about his sin with Bathsheba, “Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.”

There are none of us, if we were honest, that couldn’t say the same thing.  Maybe we haven’t committed the same act that David did but we have all sinned in one way or another many, many times and sin separates us from the Lord.  Read what it says in Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

Now read Romans 3:23-24, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.” 

We have the cost and the remedy in both verses, it depends which one we choose.  Your choice is either to repent and turn from your sins and turn to God for His forgiveness, grace and love and live; or choose to reject the one that truly loves you and wants to forgive and set you free.  The latter will seal your fate in the Lake of fire, which is the second death, but remember this was your choice.  Hell wasn’t put there for mankind, but for Satan and his fallen angels.  

God loves us so much that He did everything He could to show us His love and grace.  No one else would, or has, given His only begotten Son to suffer such a painful and humiliating, cruel death for the forgiveness of our sins.  God’s Word says without the shedding of blood there is no remittance of sin, so for anyone to be forgiven of their sins there had to be a perfect sacrifice; so, through the shedding of one’s blood was the way that the sacrificial system was set up in the Old Testament and it had to be a perfect sacrifice.  Jesus was the only one that could meet that criteria.  Jesus was not only willing to lay down His life at the cost of severe suffering, rejection and pain and separation, because God His Father had to turn His back on the sin that Jesus bore, but He was the only perfect man that ever lived.

John, the immerser, said this about Jesus in John 3:29-31, “The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.”

Now please read John 3:16-17, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.”      

It is all there in black and white, how God loved so deeply that He made a way where there was no way, so that we could have eternal life and live with Him forever.  But like I said, the choice is yours and I hope you make the right one.  I hope this has been a help and a blessing to you and that the good Lord will bless you and yours with His perfect peace, love and joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment