Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Don’t Harden Your Heart




How does a person harden their heart?  I think you harden your heart by refusing to accept the truth.  Many people don’t want to hear the truth and others never have had the privilege of hearing it.  How many times have you heard that there are no truths or absolutes?  It seems like today there are so many voices touting so many things and people are drawn into the lies like a magnet.  The Word of God says if you know the truth, the truth will set you free and I have experienced it in my life and so have many other people and I believe that the Word of God is the truth.  There are people that claim to be Christians that have been truly deceived because they haven’t spent time studying the Word of God.

The word of God says this in 2 Timothy 2:14-19, “Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.  Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

Studying the Word diligently is very important and be careful not to take the Word of God out of context.

Now please read Acts 16:10-12, “And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so. Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.”     

Think of this, Jesus said you will find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I believe you will know the truth also when you diligently seek out the truth, and not only the Word of God, but many other things that we hear daily also.  I have said this before, but I will mention it again, I have heard that the truth is so important that it is guarded by a body guard of lies.  Many times, we are pulled into lies that we hear because many times we want these things to be true because what we heard will affect our lives much more positively.  The problem is that lies can build up tremendous hope in people but in the end can be very damaging and most likely will destroy many people’s lives, and in many cases, will also destroy the faith of many.  I have in the past taught things also that I thought were gospel truth, but I was wrong, I would never want to lead anyone astray purposely and I am very, very sorry and I have had to ask the Lord to forgive me and to lead me into all truths.

It is very easy, when you are first born-again or even been walking with the Lord for a while, to start witnessing and want everyone to come to know the Lord and not be that well versed in the Bible to say things that shouldn’t be said; so be very careful and seek out people that have put hours, and hours and years into  the study of God’s Word and don’t take everyone’s word for complete truth, not even mine, study to see if what I am saying is the truth because I, or no one else, who is walking the earth is perfect, only Jesus fits that category.  There is wisdom in a multitude of counselors, remember that.  The Word says that we should strive for perfection.  So, if you want to be set free seek truth and walk in it!!

I hope this has been a help and a blessing to you.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may all of you have a super, super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment