Thursday, October 5, 2017

Praise The Lord


Question: Do you spend time praising the Lord outside of being in church?  If you can’t praise the Lord here then why would you want to go to heaven?  I believe that we will be praising the Lord in heaven quite often, so we better be ready before we get there.  One of the reasons I like the book of Psalms is that much of it talks about praise.  I feel like this; no matter what is happening in my life, the Lord is worthy of praise.  If you believe the Bible is true, and I do, then you have to believe that the Lord is worthy of our praise.  

Let me say this; I have had so many struggles in my walk with the Lord, it hasn’t always been easy.  I struggle to just be able to walk at times and I also have problems sitting down and a struggle getting back on my feet, my knees and legs bother me often.  I have a problem with my arms and shoulders plus I don’t see very well.  There are other physical things that hinder me daily that I don’t want to mention here, that I have prayed for that don’t seem to change, and at times I get very upset and I am in, what you might call the valley or desert situation, far more than I am on what you may call the mountaintop. But, regardless of where I am or how I feel I still know that the Lord is worthy of my praise!!

I have been in various congregations over the years and when it comes to praise and testimony time, it seems like only a few people are ready to give a praise report or a testimony honoring the Lord and I can never understand it.  Maybe it’s because some people think if a miracle hasn’t happened in their life then they don’t have a good testimony so they don’t say anything.  But, if you are a true believer, just the fact that you are a believer is a miracle!!  

I believe that if you take these four principles that I will put down here you will always be able to praise the Lord for something:
One of the ways to thank and praise the Lord is just for who He is 
Second is to thank and praise the Lord for what He is
Third is thank and praise the Lord for what He has done in you and your family’s lives and others that you know
Fourth is to thank and praise the Lord for what He is going to do in you and your family’s lives and others also

I think one of the easiest ways to think about things to thank and praise the Lord for is just to start counting your blessings.  If you praise the Lord for who He is and what He is and what He has done and what He is going to do and you count all your many blessings you will find many things to thank and praise the Lord for, like I said.  I want to mention this also, if you are going through some real struggles and trials and you don’t feel like thanking and praising the Lord, that is the time to give the Lord a sacrifice of praise.

Remember this; God inhabits the praises of His people, He loves it when we praise Him.  Remember the song, “God inhabits the praises of His people, so let’s just praise Him, let’s just praise Him, God inhabits the praises of His people so let’s just praise the Lord!!”  If you don’t know the song, look it up on your computer, it may help get you in the mood to praise the Lord no matter what situation you are in.  

Question: What is praise?  I know there would be various answers to that question.  This is the way I would answer that question; to me it is an outward expression from an inward emotion that one uses to exult someone they love and truly appreciate.  To me you can praise the Lord in various ways; singing, dancing, lifting hands, through music and even in prayer if your heart is right before the Lord and you are just not doing it for an outward show.  I don’t think worship is what you do as much as why you are doing it.  To me it should be an expression of the heart.

Enough said, may you have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!  And remember to thank and praise the Lord today because He is worthy!!              

No comments:

Post a Comment