Friday, October 6, 2017

Be Careful What You Say




This Tidbit will hopefully be an encouragement and a help for all believers and a warning to all to be careful of how they conduct themselves and what they say while walking with the Lord.  Some people say this and that when they don’t really know how they would respond in certain situations.  I heard it said if you are not willing to die for the Lord than you are not a Christian, or something close to that.

The way I feel is like this; I hope I would be willing to die for the Lord but until I was faced with that situation I can’t say for positive how I would respond!!  To be very honest about it I never want to be in that position to find out.  It is easy to say when you’re not in a dangerous situation and not feeling the heat of persecution breathing down your neck daily.  My prayer would be that not one believer would shrink back if confronted with that choice.      

I read a story a few years ago about an under-ground church.  In that congregation they were holding a secret meeting because they didn’t want the secret police to find them.  Two soldiers walked in armed and gave everyone a choice, which went something like this; deny the Lord and live or stay and die.  There were some that left and others that stayed.  When everyone left that was going to leave, the two soldiers sat down and said they were believers also and only wanted to worship with those that would not deny the Lord.  The people that left I don’t think intended to deny the Lord when they went to that meeting but it happened.  Think of this, when people went to these underground meetings and they were caught they were usually beaten severely and possibly killed so they must have known this would happen but they were still there.  Like I said, it is hard to know at times how you would respond in certain situations.

Jesus had twelve disciples that walked with Him and saw His miraculous works, and not only that, they were used themselves in bringing about some of these miracles through the Lord, but they all denied Him in the end.

Please read Mark 14:26-31, “And when they had sung an hymn, they went out into the mount of Olives. And Jesus saith unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered. But after that I am risen, I will go before you into Galilee. But Peter said unto him, Although all shall be offended, yet will not I. And Jesus saith unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this day, even in this night, before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. But he spake the more vehemently, If I should die with thee, I will not deny thee in any wise. Likewise also said they all.” You see at times talk will sometimes get you in trouble if you just go by emotions and don’t be careful of your words. Let’s rea what else took place

Now read Mark 14:66-72, “And as Peter was beneath in the palace, there cometh one of the maids of the high priest: and when she saw Peter warming himself, she looked upon him, and said, And thou also wast with Jesus of Nazareth. But he denied, saying, I know not, neither understand I what thou sayest. And he went out into the porch; and the cock crew. And a maid saw him again, and began to say to them that stood by, This is one of them. And he denied it again. And a little after, they that stood by said again to Peter, Surely thou art one of them: for thou art a Galilaean, and thy speech agreeth thereto. But he began to curse and to swear, saying, I know not this man of whom ye speak. And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.”

And what about the other disciples, what happened to them?  Please read Mark 14:48-50, “And Jesus answered and said unto them, Are ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and with staves to take me? I was daily with you in the temple teaching, and ye took me not: but the scriptures must be fulfilled. And they all forsook him, and fled.”                                                                                                                                                                    
All these claimed they would die with Him but they all fled and Peter denied the Lord three times when he said he would die also, so until you are in that position you don’t know for positive what you may do.  To the disciples credit they all ended up dying for the Lord, except Judas, who also betrayed the Lord and ended up hanging himself instead of repenting and finding forgiveness like Peter did.

So be careful with your words!!  My prayer is that this will be a blessing to all that read it.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment