Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Blessings



When I sat down to eat this morning I felt that the Lord was trying to teach me something and that was how blessed I was to have food sitting in front of me to eat.  Many of us just take these things for granted, if we have wife’s that care about us we can come to the breakfast table and there is our breakfast waiting for us.  I am not saying that people don’t bless the food they are eating, I’m just wondering how many people don’t even get breakfast and how many don’t even have a table, let alone food on it, and how many just mouth the blessing over the food and not even really give a thought about what they are saying?  And, what about many of the things some of us have that others just dream about?  Think of the places you live, it may be a home, an apartment, a house trailer or a condo, now think about the many things that you have in these places where you live.  Think about the things that you have in your closets, your basements, in your garage and in your attic.  I wonder if you thanked the Lord for them lately; like I said it is so easy to just take the things we have for granted.

I remember thanking the Lord for most of the things that I had or had been blessed with, but as time went on I haven’t been near as grateful as I was in my earlier years following the Lord.  I was not only more thankful but I depended on the Lord far more then, than I have for a while now.  Think about this, when you depend on the Lord for things and not just try to make things happen on your own, your faith not only grows but you also grow spiritually and so does your thanksgiving and praise!!

Read what Philippians 4:4-6 says, “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.”

It is so important to not take the blessings of God for granted.  Think about the people that had all kinds of things that they wanted and a storm came and wiped out everything they had and they were left devastated.  I am not saying these people didn’t thank and praise the Lord for what they had; I am saying that this could happen to any one of us at a moments notice.

Now think of Job, he was a man very well off, a man blessed mightily by the Lord, but it didn’t take long and most of what he had or owned was gone.  What was his response?  Please read Job 1:20-22, “Then Job arose, tore his robe, and shaved his head; and he fell to the ground and worshiped. And he said: ‘Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return there.
The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.’ In all this Job did not sin nor charge God with wrong.”

In his second test this was his response read Job 2:9-10, “Then his wife said to him, ‘Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!’ But he said to her, ‘You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?’ In all this Job did not sin with his lips.”

When I read this I feel pretty foolish myself for the times I have complained instead of praising and thanking the Lord for all He has done in my life and my wife and my marriage and my kids and my grandkids.  Something for me and you to think about and hopefully we will count our blessings and thank and praise the Lord for them!!  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!! PS don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord for He is worthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment