Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Why



We have so many questions as believers.  We question people and we often question God, saying how come you don’t do things this way or why don’t you do things that way or why did you allow this or that to take place.  We are always seeking answers to the questions we wonder about and some of them will probably never be answered here in this life.  There are many world views but mine comes from the Christian perspective and in order to answer some of our godly why questions I think we need spiritual wisdom and understanding and also be walking close to the Lord.

God is the Creator and author of all things and He knows the answer to all of our questions.  Usually we want the answers to our questions to come out the way we want them to, but there is usually a prerequisite to the answers we are looking for.  We need to be in God’s Word and hiding it in our hearts.  What we need is wisdom and understanding and that is found in the Word of God.    

Read Proverbs 2:1-11, “My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments with thee; so that thou incline thine ear unto wisdom, and apply thine heart to understanding; yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding; if thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures; then shalt thou understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. He layeth up sound wisdom for the righteous: he is a buckler to them that walk uprightly. He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path. When wisdom entereth into thine heart, and knowledge is pleasant unto thy soul; discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee:”

Like I said many of the questions we ask are found in God’s Holy Word, and that is where true wisdom is found, but if we are not reading it on a steady basis and hiding it in our hearts, we will always be seeking answers and not finding the answers.  The Psalmist said this in Psalms 119:9-16, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.”

God’s Word should be a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path; it will never lead us into temptation but will help deliver us from evil, if we hide it in our hearts.  Just knowing that God’s Word is a deterrent to do evil should be enough to read it and to want to hide it in our hearts to help keep us from wanting to sin and to help us to make the right choices in life and to ask the right questions.  The next time you ask the why question think about your motives and your intent for the question in the first place.  Have you been faithful and loyal to God or have you just gone your own way, doing your own thing?  Is there unconfessed sin in your life or are there any idols in your life that you need to get rid of and repent of?

Read Psalms 119:1-8 “Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the Lord. Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways. Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments. I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.”

If we seek wisdom we can ask God and we can receive it if we ask in faith, unwavering!!        

If we knew the Word we would not even have to ask many of the questions that we ask because we would already know the answer.  Read 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

If we ignore God’s Word we will be truly ashamed when we stand before the Lord someday!!  Studying God’s Word is so important, without studying it we can be easily drawn away and ignore God, to our own peril.  I have given you something to think about.  Have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment