Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Call On The Lord



When will we get back to calling on the name of the Lord?  The calling hasn’t changed; it is our situation that has changed.  Some of us have grown lukewarm in our walk with the Lord and we have let worldly things get in the way of our devotion to the Lord.  We get so obsessed with worldly things that we have no time for the Lord like we used to and we wonder why our prayers aren’t answered when we call on the name of the Lord.  We are being conformed to this world, and how do I know this, because it has happened to me but thank the Lord for a stern warning so that I could repent which I have.  But, what about you, what is it going to take for you to wake up and repent?  I was reminded about some of this, this morning while listening to Pastor Jim Cymbala.

Read what Jesus prayed about us as future believers in John 17:20-26, “Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

We are to love the Lord thy God with all our heart, soul, strength and mind and love our neighbor as ourselves.  We are to love people but to hate their sin and our sin also.  Why have we been left here?  Not to conform to the world, but to be transformed by the renewing of our minds, and how will that happen, by getting in the Word of God daily and putting into practice.  What is one of the things the Bible says about gaining faith?  It says, “So then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God,” it is found in Romans 10:17.

This seems to be many of our problems; we are so absorbed in our technology and the pleasures of life and the entertainment we have forgotten the most important thing and that is our devotion to God and His Word and seeking His kingdom above all things.  We are so engrossed in all these worldly things, and I should include sports and so many other activities, that we spend very little time with the Lord and our light becomes duller and duller each day until we are not effective for the kingdom anymore!!  Please repent of these worldly activities and the conformity which has taken place in your life and ask the Lord to forgive you, then start over again and rediscover the Lord and His Word in your life.  Call on the name of the Lord who is merciful, loving, patient and kind and He will hear your prayer, for He seeks the humble and contrite heart, this He will not despise.

Something to think about and may you have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!  And don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment