Tuesday, June 9, 2015

God’s Blessings


God’s blessings are not just for the Jews but also for the Gentiles.  When Jesus came as a babe and walked the earth, He came for His people, the Israelites.  As time went on, Paul, along with the other disciples, was sent to the Gentiles with the good news.  Jesus loved everyone but His purpose was to bring the truth to the Israelites who were lost.

Read Matthew 15:22-24, “And behold, a Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, ‘Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.’ But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, ‘Send her away, for she is crying out after us.’ He answered, ‘I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.’”

When you read on in these verses, you see that Jesus didn’t reject this Gentile woman but had compassion on her also.  

Read verses 25-28, “But she came and knelt before him, saying, ‘Lord, help me.’ And he answered, ‘It is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs.’ She said, ‘Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters' table.’ Then Jesus answered her, ‘O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.’ And her daughter was healed instantly.”

While Jesus walked the earth He had compassion on other Gentiles also.  Way back in Isaiah 56 it speaks of God blessing the Gentiles.

Read verses 6-8, “And the foreigners who join themselves to the Lord, to minister to him, to love the name of the Lord, and to be his servants, everyone who keeps the Sabbath and does not profane it, and holds fast my covenant— these I will bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer; their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples. The Lord God, who gathers the outcasts of Israel, declares, ‘I will gather yet others to him besides those already gathered.’”

God’s blessings were for all people that would trust in Him and honor Him by keeping His commands.  If you want the Lord’s blessings today in abundance, seek the Lord while He may be found.  Jesus said if you seek me with all your heart you will find me.  So I say, taste and see if the Lord is good.  God loves the righteous and all those who honor Him.  He always acts on the behalf of those who love Him and He blesses them.  God may take you out of trouble or He might go with you through times of trouble, but He will never leave or forsake those who love Him, praise the Lord!!

Remember Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego when they were thrown into the fire, who was the fourth man in the fire with them?  It was the Lord!  And what about Daniel, when he was in the lions den, who shut the mouths of the hungry lions?  The Lord, who else!  There were many times in the Bible and also throughout history, where God delivered His people in trying times and there were times when the outcome wasn’t what we may have wanted, but He was always there regardless of the outcome.  God’s Word says that all things work together for good to those who love God to those who are the called according to His purpose, and that means all things, even though some things are hard to accept!!

Read what David says in Psalms 34:1-9:
“I will bless the Lord at all times;
    his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
My soul makes its boast in the Lord;
    let the humble hear and be glad.
Oh, magnify the Lord with me,
    and let us exalt his name together!

I sought the Lord, and he answered me
    and delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant,
    and their faces shall never be ashamed.
This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him
    and saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps
    around those who fear him, and delivers them.

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!
    Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him!
Oh, fear the Lord, you his saints,
    for those who fear him have no lack!”

Something to think about!  May you have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours with His perfect peace, love and joy and don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord for He is worthy, Praise the Lord!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment