Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Crashing


Question: How is your life going?  On a scale of one to ten how happy and fulfilled are you?  Take some time and think about your life, is there a direction that you have mapped out and if so are you headed in that direction or do you feel you are just spinning your wheels, so to speak, and getting nowhere?  

For many years my life was just spinning out of control.  For many years most of my joy seemed to be when I was drinking, partying and high on some type of drug to escape reality.  But when the drugs wore off and the party was over and I was back facing reality, I was very miserable most of the time.  I tried many things to escape reality because it seemed I had a hard time facing life in general.  I had a very hard time with school and wasn’t accepted very well socially having come from a poor family.  I never really thought I would make anything out of myself, believing the lies that I was told.  I didn’t care about getting a good education, thinking it didn’t really matter, along with most everything else in life, so with that kind of thinking what else was there for me to do but drink, drug and party which I did quite often.  My self-esteem was very low and my world was unraveling and out of control.  Then came the motorcycle period in my life, with custom and chopper bikes and that lifestyle brought more partying and my whole world was starting to crash before my eyes but I was too deceived to notice.  My relationships never seemed to last and like I said I was miserable.  

It seemed like I was a hopeless case, full of fear, guilt, anger and stress, just a pawn in the game of life and, to be completely honest, if there hadn’t been a crashing point in my life I don’t believe I would be here to type this out today.  I totally believe I would have been a helpless alcoholic or a very cynical, angry person or even dead if I kept going the way I was going.  But, praise God, I found the remedy for all these things and it was the Lord Jesus Christ.  I had a couple encounters with the Lord over the years but I hadn’t hit rock bottom and about 38 years ago I had an encounter with the Lord that has changed my life.  The cigarettes, drugs, alcohol and wild parties were taken away almost immediately and the outbursts of anger and other things subsided as time went on and I now had a purpose for living.

I am not saying everything is a rose garden but it is definitely not all pits like it seemed to be.  The Lord has changed my perspectives and I see things through a different lens, so to speak.  I have a super nice wife that loves me and I would say unconditionally and we have five great kids and 9 grandkids and one on the way.  I go to a church where the Word is preached and people are cared for; where the homeless and poor are being fed and clothed and some of their needs met and where they hear the Word of God spoken and where all people are accepted.  My wife and I, and my family are still a work in progress and the Lord is helping us every day to be more like Him.  I have a purpose in life and a reason to get out of bed each morning and we have been blessed many, many times over the years, which we are so thankful for, praise be to God!!!

If your life is spiraling out of control or if you think you have it all together but you know there is something missing in your life, try Jesus because He is the answer.  I have put my hope in Him and I have seen that He is good, His love is unconditional and His promises are true.  Tell Him you are sorry for your sins and to please forgive you and be your Lord and Savior.  If you truly repent, which means to turn away from your sins, I believe you will be forgiven and you will be a child of the most high God, the one and only God.  Then your life will take on a whole new experience and a dramatic change in time and you will go forth thanking and praising the Lord.

Read what God’s Word says in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”

Then find a church where they preach the truth of God’s Word and start growing in the faith and share with others what the Lord has done in your life.  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment