Monday, March 19, 2012

Lazy Attitude



This seems to be the attitude many people have today.  It seems like many want a ‘nanny state’ where everything is handed to them on a silver platter without working for it and many in our government are glad to accommodate them.  Far too many are getting to think like a bunch of Robin Hood’s, taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

When I was young I used to think that Robin Hood was a real hero helping poor people, taking from the mean rich people and helping the nice poor people by giving to them.  They seemed to be everyone’s hero, except the rich people that were being ripped off.  But as I got older, and hopefully a little wiser, I realized they really were just thieves and robbers disguised as good guys. This is the mindset of a progressive; we have many in our government that have this same mindset.  To be honest I think that if those among us that I would call filthy rich, would be willing to give more to charities and places that would benefit the poor and others in our society, many would be much better off.  

But with that said, I don’t think anyone has a right to rob them through whatever means you can think of, whether it be by taxing them more than others or out and out stealing from them.  This mindset that the world owes us something has got to stop, and we need to get back to fending for ourselves.  Much of what is happening in our society today is a result of what was taught at a young age.
  
I remember when I was a young boy I had plenty to do to keep me busy; having a garden to take care of, weeding it and doing all the other things that have to be done to have a nice garden if it was going to bear good fruit.  I cut wood with my dad using a two man saw, throwing it down into the cellar, then going down and stacking it up against the wall.  We burnt wood and coal so I had to shovel coal into the furnace at times and I would have to shovel the ashes into big round ash cans and carry them out of the cellar to get rid of the ashes.  I was taught hard work when I was a kid and when I got older I knew what hard work was.  Did I like it?  No, but in those days I did what I was told to do or suffer the consequences.  In that period of time when my parents said something they followed through with it, not like today when threats mean nothing but words and are very seldom carried out.  

In those days people knew what it was to work and work hard.  My dad worked in Endicott Johnson for, I think, over 40 years and I don’t think he ever missed a day of work, even when they would shut down for 2 weeks in the summer he would ask if he could work and they would let him.  In those days you either worked or you didn’t eat, and even with my father working all the time and my mother working sometimes, I was told by my older sister that we only ate two meals a day at times and we didn’t have all the snacks we have today, not any that I remember.  

These days most kids are raised on TV, computers and Ipads, many of them have no chores to keep them busy, so they get hooked on electronic devices.  Electronic devices have been a blessing in many ways but in other ways they seem to be a curse.  

In a country that is taking on an entitlement mentality, people want things for nothing, their theory is getting to be let the government take care of us.  It is the government’s job to protect people and to punish wicked people, not to control everyone taking their religious rights and free speech away and providing their every need.  If we aren’t careful we will be enslaved by the very people that are supposed to protect our freedoms and liberties.  Please don’t buy into the lies that have been told that we can’t think for ourselves and we need the government to handle all our affairs.  What we need to do is get back to Christian values and principles and put God back on the throne where He belongs.

I am not advocating rebelling against our government, not at all, we need to be praying for our government leaders holding them up before the Lord and sincerely pleading on their behalf.  But if they will not change we need to do what we can to vote for the best candidate that we know of that will best honor the Lord and the people they serve.  Unless you want to be a part of a ‘nanny state’ with no jobs and your religious freedoms and speech taken from you, do your part to make an intelligent decision to vote for the best candidate in November for the job as president, regardless of what party you are affiliated with.  This is very crucial, so please do your part and may the good Lord bless you and yours and have a great day!!                     

No comments:

Post a Comment