Monday, August 7, 2017

He Knows You




I want to talk about the Lord and the human race, especially if you are a believer, although this pertains to all of us.  The Lord is all-seeing and all-wise, His ways and thoughts are higher than ours.  The Lord is omnipresent and sees and knows all things.  He created us in His image and likeness.  

I have had some real struggles in my Christian walk and much of it had to do with my understanding of the Lord’s love and His ways in my life.  I don’t know who else struggles like I do but I am sure that I am not alone.  I have always had a problem with people loving me and it has affected my walk with the Lord and how He loves me also.  I guess I always looked at love like this; someone that looks out for your best interest and doesn’t cause you pain.  It has taken me a lot of years to get hold of this concept; that pain happens, even in a great relationship where you know that your spouse loves you and tries their best not to hurt you!!  Also, pain may be the best thing that has happened to you.

The Lord is always working things out for our good.  This is not a new concept to me and it is not like I have never heard it before but it seems like there has been a wall in my mind that I couldn’t break through that recently is starting to crumble, praise the Lord!!  I know the enemy is very powerful but the Lord is all powerful and if you are struggling with this and you can’t quite get ahold of this truth, I want you to keep on keeping on and ask the Lord for His wisdom and His power to break down any wall that you may have allowed in your life from past experiences.  Maybe something that your enemy can use against you to try to keep you paralyzed in that area of your life.

Read what it says in Isaiah 59:19 in the King James Version Bible, “So shall they fear the name of the Lord from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the Lord shall lift up a standard against him.”

Some people have this notion that the enemy has already been defeated and he has no more power so they don’t have to worry about him anymore but that is not the case.  In God’s Word it says this in 1 Peter 5:8-9, “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.” 

Think about Peter and why Jesus said this in Luke 22:31-33, “And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: but I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death.”

Peter’s enemy wanted to destroy his faith and destroy his walk with the Lord completely and without Jesus praying for Peter he may have accomplished his goal.  Now think of this, not long after this took place Jesus and the disciples went to the Mount of Olives to pray, but the disciples fell asleep instead of staying awake and praying and Peter ended up denying the Lord on three different occasions; don’t you think that Satan had something to do with that?  But thank the Lord that He interceded for Peter and, even though Peter yielded to temptation, he didn’t lose his faith and he was restored to fellowship with the Lord, praise the Lord!!

It also says in the Word to resist the devil and he will flee from you.  The problem is many of us don’t even know that it is the enemy of our souls that is harassing us and we start blaming the Lord for things that He hasn’t even done and we also blame the enemy for things he hasn’t done.  Many times we open the door to the enemy of our souls by our own choices and decisions and there are times when we don’t even realize it.  Think about your prayer life, is prayer a priority or are other things far more important?  I have heard it said that prayer is the engine that runs the church and I believe it.   

Other times we are reaping what we sow because of the choices that we make.  There are also times when we forget that the Lord chastises, or corrects, those He loves like it says in the 12th chapter of Hebrews.  There are other times when He may test us like in Job’s situation; in the end he repented and the Lord blessed him abundantly.  Maybe we have sin in our lives that we need to repent of also.  

Pain is not always an enemy, sometimes it can be a good friend and very helpful if we think about it positively.  Think about a bad burn, if not for the pain you may not notice that you have it and that may result in an infection that could even become life threatening.  The reason some illnesses can’t be cured is because there is no pain until it is too late!!  Now meditate on this truth; that all things work together for good to those who love God to those who are the called according to His purpose!!  So please if you are struggling as a believer, or not, God loves you and wants the very best for you and even if He has to chastise, or correct, you it is only done because He loves you, praise the Lord!!

I hope this has been an encouragement and a help to you; that is my purpose why I write these things, not to condemn, but to bless you!!  May the good Lord bless you and yours and may you have a super day!!  Don’t forget to thank and praise the Lord for He is worthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment