Monday, February 13, 2017

Practice



Reading, studying, along with memorizing God’s Word are all great things that we believers should be doing!!  Please read 2 Timothy 2:15, “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”

But is this enough?  I don’t think so, I think we need to also put the things we read and learn into practice.  Without applying the things we learn, we will never grow spiritually in the Lord, which should be one of our main goals so that we will be more like Jesus.  

Please read James 1:19-25, “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: for he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.”

There is also something else I would suggest that you may want to do before you read the Word.  First, pray and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you all the truth and to bring it back to you when you need it because the Holy Spirit is the true teacher.  Read what Jesus said to His disciples when He said He would send them the Comforter, the Holy Ghost in John 14:23-26, “Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

Another thing you might want to read and pray is Psalm 119:9-16, “Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.”

Let me suggest this; always get the Lord involved in our studying, our reading and also our hearing, and to listen to His Word so that our faith will be built up and become stronger so that in time we may have mountain moving faith.  Read what the Word says about this in Romans 10:17, “So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.”

It may be beneficial if we do all these things, then if we make a practice of doing all of them our faith will grow and we should put our faith into action and allow the Word to change and shape our lives by doing what it says.  So let us practice the Word and live it out in our lives.  Something to think about and may you have a super day and may the good Lord bless you and yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment