Friday, April 15, 2011

Wrong Place - Wrong Time

Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time?

I remember many years ago being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I was riding my motorcycle with some other guys and we all got stop for speeding.  One of the guys was my brother.  He decided to pay his fine by sending it through the mail.  Me, I decided to go to court and I am glad I did, because the ticket had the wrong court date on it so the judge threw it out and I got off “scott” free.  But my brother had to pay a fine.  That time I was at the right place at the right time.

There were many, many times I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  It seemed like most of my life I have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Most of the choices I made were not good ones.  Many times we find ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time because of the choices we make.  The choices I made were making a real mess out of my life.  Most of the things I did caused me to be out of control.  I was going down a dead end street with no brakes, I was ready to crash and burn.  Life was nothing but a struggle going from one bar to the next, sometimes sleeping in my car, and sometimes sitting in an alley getting wasted, many times waking up with a hangover.

One time I was drinking and popping pills and I had an “out of body” experience, at least that’s what it seemed like.  It seemed like my body had separated and I was two people.  Walking down the street and seeing my body on both sides of the street was a little scary.  I stayed that way for about two days before my body came back together.  Without hope I continued down the path of destruction.

To make a long story short I committed my life to Jesus and I have never been the same.  Now I have a purpose for my life and all kinds of hope.  While I am writing this I feel like I am experiencing a revival within myself, praise God.  I feel I am growing in my walk with the Lord, which hasn’t happened in a very long time.  Now I feel I am in the right place at the right time, thank the Lord.

Now I want to talk about someone that was a thief that seemed to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, most of the time.  I can’t say these things for positive, so this is a conjecture.  This man probably wasn’t well educated and may have felt rejected instead of accepted by his peers.  He may have been a loner looking for companionship and fell in with the wrong crowd being in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Without a good education he would have had to steal or beg to sustain himself.  In his case he went from robbery to insurrection, which can happen very quickly.  Just being in the wrong place at the wrong time can cause some reaction you didn’t expect to happen.  Now this man was caught and thrown in jail, waiting for his execution.  Once again he is in the wrong place at the wrong time.  His execution was one of the worst punishments a person could go through.  His sentence was crucifixion, which anyone would think was the worst thing that could have happened to him.  But he was in the right place at the right time because Jesus was there.  When you are with Jesus you are always in the right place.  What looked like a terrible situation for the thief turned out to be the greatest thing that could have happened to him!  He heard the greatest words that he could have heard from the greatest person that ever lived, when Jesus said, “this day you shall be with me in paradise.”  

No matter what you have done, even in your last hours, you are not beyond the grace of God.  So if you have been in, or are in a similar situation, I want you to know that Jesus loves you, and just like for the thief, His grace is there for you also.  So acknowledge that you are a sinner and tell the Lord you are sorry.  Ask Him to forgive you and to be your Lord and Savior and if you truly mean it you will be a child of God.  Then thank Him and have a great day.  God Bless You.      

No comments:

Post a Comment